Sunday, March 1, 2009

Such a fun morning in Alabama!!!

 
 

 

 

It is a Winter Wonderland here in Alabama this morning.  Even after working all night, I just had to play a little and share it!!!  At about 3am we looked out the window to see a misting rain and snow... by 6am the trees were all white and beautiful.  When we left the building after clocking out, we had to be careful not to slip on the ice covering the sidewalk.  It took 40 to 45 minutes to get my drivers door open on my car.  I could not resist taking some pictures while others tried to huddle in their cars and keep warm.  Threw a couple of show balls too.  Everyone was talking about how pretty it looked.

Although the roads were not too bad, I drove home very carefully.  After feeding Buddy this  morning... took a few more pictures and came in to share them.  While down loading these... I looked outside and the snow is still coming down fast... I may try and take a few more.. but must sleep for work tonight. 

 

 

 

First sight I saw... the parking lot is not bad at all

 

but looking very different from normal!!!

 

Found parts of it just so very pretty!

 

Especially all the white trees!

 

My car

 

My car from the front

 

Put this message on my windshield for..... (Well, you know who you are ;-) )

 

Last picture at the hospital... as you can see snow is getting on the lens!

 

After feeding Buddy, started with pictures around the yard!

 

Back corner that I took a picture of last March when it snowed!

 

 

Finding new beauty in every little thing dressed in snow!

 

So white and pretty!

 

This bench was in last years snow pictures too ~ lol

 

Some of the ground was saved by the  tree over it!

 

The front yard too!

 

These were the daffodils in my PPF two weeks ago... now frozen with snowy covers

 

This was the same spot two weeks ago!

 

Hope everyone has a wonderful day...

how I wish I could invite you all for a snowball fight

 or to make a snowman & snow angels!!!

 

 

25 comments:

  1. Awwwww.....I want to come play in the snow with you!!!! I thought that I heart u was just for me...then I thought again...lol.

    Only someone as young at heart as you are would work all night and take time to play in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, so you're the one sending the weather this way!
    At least it's pretty where you are... it never looks like that here--we get the ice and broken tree branches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nahhhhh....Linda see's the beauty in all things and people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snowball fights and snow days

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics, and really like the message. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous photos Linda. But what on earth is it doing snowing in Alabama??? LOL. Pouring rain here but we still need it. My son left this morning and now I'm very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Odd... not supposed to get snow here. Just cold until next Thursday. Enjoy it... not everyone can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks very familiar :)
    nice images, linda, the first one is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! Ready for warmer weather, but I like this too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you got snow !!! It is very pretty isn't it , I love it when it's not windy just falling down like it is right now , but on Saturday was another story here with blowing wind once more blocking the roads. Today it made up for yesterday , tomorrow another snowstorm supposedly but its March so I don't mind , it's almost over with. I can't believe you got daffodils already !!! I can't wait to see if my tulips I planted last fall are going to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, beautiful, Linda! Wonder if that snow made it all the way down to Mobile .. if so, my mom's Christmas wishes were just answered. ;) Great images.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ash made me come back again so she could dance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh wow!.. Sure glad we haven't had a lot of snow here this winter, and now it's only around 20 days before spring will be here. Usually start to get warm weather which we now have, but has been rainy, but too bad. Never did understand how it can be so hot, and humid during the summer, and so cold in the winter in the mid west, and southern states..

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL........explain to me please how it is that you got MORE snow than we did here in NORTHERN AL!!!! We barely had an inch on the ground; and while everything was covered pretty good; it was all GONE by 11am!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great pics and share, and by the way, so nice of you to tell me you love me by writing in the snow : ))

    ReplyDelete
  16. i guess our secret is out?
    *winks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty pictures, I never knew it snowed there at all..wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL laughing at the rodent!

    Beautiful pics Linda, I'm playing in the snow with you too lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Let it snow!!!!! Thanks for sharing. We got 1 1/2" Sat. night. 4 miles up the road at my son's they got 4.5". The world sure takes on a different appearance with a blanket of snow. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bring on the snow balls....our snow is melted and heading to John ...........

    ReplyDelete
  21. Delightful song, great narrative, beautiful pictures /:-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It was that pretty here too...sigh..would make snow angels but theres no one to help old grandma back to her feet..lol..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linda these are gorgeous. Sorry I missed them on Sunday. The last time we had snow was the winter of 2005 got 3 inches Christmas eve and it was all gone by noon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah, the snow makes for very pretty pictures! Too bad about the daffodils, but I think they are resilient and will be ok once the snow is gone. We don't have any daffodils here yet, so you're further along in springtime than we are, although at the moment you're more into wintertime than we are...:-)

    ReplyDelete