Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mono Monday Plus #38 ~ Mono Monday #52 (One Year Anniversary)

 


 

Mono Monday One Year Anniversary

 

(Gator's Link Below)

 

On this the first Anniversary of Mono Monday, I decided that I would go back in time to the second thing that I ever learn to do and learn some more.  The second picture I posted was a photo of a flower.  I turned it Black & White and than colored in the flower... I have always loved the photos that are Black and White with just a touch of color.  When I did mine and was telling JohnOh how I did it... He told me a different way to do it but I have never tried it till now.... so excited that it worked!  Thank you, John (so true we all learn from each other).

 

 

This week I used only one picture for both my Mono Monday and my Mono Monday Plus.

This was the photo:

It is my favorite photo that I have ever taken.

Took it in June of 2006 when visiting my Mom in Florida.

Taken with my Kodak Z740 Digital Camera



1. I went to Picnik and Boosted the picture color...

2.  Saved that and went back to turn it B&W and saved that...

3.  Took the picture to GIMP (The color one first)

4. Put the B&W one over it and erased the B&W pelican to show the color pelican.

5. Took the picture back to Picnik and added the frame.

and here is my Mono Monday # 52

 

 

Photobucket

 

 

To do my Plus I went back to Picnik...

1.  I cut two different places of the water only from the boosted color picture and saved them.

2.  Opened GIMP again ~ pulled the boosted picture up as the main picture

3. Opened both pieces of the extra water up and pasted them on ~ turned and flipped them as needed.

4.  saved this picture back to Picnik...

5.  Took it to "Goofiy" and mixed the water a little...

6.  Took it to frames and added this frame

and this is my Mono Monday Plus #38

 

Photobucket

 

I waited 6 months before I got nerve enough to jump in and try these things... If you are interested don't make the same mistake I did.  It is fun... and it is a learning experience.  I have a long way to go before I could even be called fair at this BUT the difference is had I not started 6 months ago, that would be 6 months of trying I would still be behind.  One of these days, my tents won't look like they are flying, my colored  flowers wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb, some of the colors in the plus will go together better... or maybe they won't, but I will still be having fun with some of the nicest people you will ever meet!

TRY IT!!!

AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!

19 comments:

  1. Linda how is it I am always first to your page?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done with your little fellow both the B&W and your Plus. Isn't this just the most bestest way to spend your spare time? Well ok not the bestest, but a good second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome...and is one of the most second best things to do with spare time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful! You did a great job with it, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice Linda...I know some photo editing software that was given to me (PSP and adobe) but only do simple things like cropping and resizing. It looks like I should spend more time in them seeing what's possible....great job on the pelican pic..

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww i love pelicans and I am so glad you finally decided to come and play..and that old pengy is a pretty smart bird aint he..i love the looks of both of these linda the music is peaceful and goes well with the swaying of the boat right now..and its how we learn thats why i try and encourage folks to get in and just start doing ...by doing something like this every week we gain our skills and I have to say you have progressed very well for the time youve been with us..now go and nudge that penguin to give up some goodies this week lol...ohh also come check yer linky..it leads back to your PB acct...i sneaked in through the back door..lol thats how gators roll

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool,really like the second one! Seeing what Rita, you and others have done with GIMP, I am going to trade my Roxio for GIMP, will have to pick both yours and Rita's brains!!!!


    http://johnoh.multiply.com/journal/item/315/MONO_MONDAY_PLUS_38_MM_52_ONE_YEAR_ANNIVERSARY

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done wonderful job for both. Your perseverance shines through in each piece. So proud of you.
    Next time please don't wait 6 months anymore. Just plunge head on. No risk, no gain ^&^ But hey, it's just me.
    Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I really like the middle one, totally cool effects! Course it's a really neat shot too.
    http://dannidoodles74.multiply.com/journal/item/349/Happy_Mono_Monday_Anniversary_MM52

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, the music is new!! Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Linda, great job you did and what does the penguin say about you being into pelicans lol?
    Love the second conversion, you know you could have done that one in a couple of clicks in Picnik?
    I have just installed the Gimp and don't even know how to erase yet ha ha....

    http://miadelight.multiply.com/journal/item/427/Mono_Monday-_One_Year_Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great result Linda! Somehow it looks a bit eerie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so way cool! And Thank You for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very good results especially the pelican with colour

    ReplyDelete
  15. You started with a wonderful shot! Then added so much magic!!! Your work is always fun and full of surprises, I love what you did with the water in the plus!! And yes the b&w is a classic!! Well done once more!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is beautiful! Great shot to start with but I love what you did with it. I like the way you made the water in the last one. I know it all seems hard at first doesn't it? Then once you get to it good gods it is fun and easy!!! I love doing this. I did another today that I will use next monday!! LOL I know I am early for once!

    ReplyDelete