Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mono Monday Plus # 35 & Mono Monday #49

 

GATORS MONO MONDAY # 49

&

 MONO MONDAY PLUS # 35

Gator's link

Please push play button on the player!

Have had an underwater picture that I found when I did a Google search looking for pictures to do my grandaughters Ariel pictures... found one from www.wallpaperbase.com and have wanted to use it for something as I think it is so pretty all by it's self.  So I took it this week along with some pictures I had taken at the Monterey Aquarium of the jelly fish.. we all love those jelly fish! And here is what I did!

First I took a jelly fish picture that didn't have but one jelly fish & cut it so all I had was water!

 

My Google search picture from www.wallpaperbase.com!

 

Jelly fish picture # 1

 

Jelly fish picture # 2

 

Jelly fish picture # 3

 

Took them all to GIMP ~ using the blue solid water as my base.

I put the "find" as a second layer and faded it just a little.

Than added the jelly fish in layers and played.

Put a "water layer" over it all and faded it.

And here is what I have so far:

 

Took all of this to Picnik and brightened it, than turned it black and white & added a shadow drop frame for My Mono Monday # 49.

 

Jellyfish sway to and fro at the Codfish Ball

Photobucket 

 

Than went back to Picnik ~ back to the color version.  Went to Boost ~ made it even brighter and than to duo tone ( the two colors blue and yellow) ~ brought the fade back about 50 percent ~ added a frame for my Mono Monday Plus:

 

Photobucket

HAVE A GOOD WEEK ~ TAKE SOME TIME TO ENJOY MOTHER NATURE!

10 comments:

  1. That's just so cool. Very creative job and lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda I dropped my jaw and had to pick up my teeth when I saw the B&W Very impressive.
    The duo tone is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW fantastic job Linda! Got me curious to try it on my own LOL. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember those....they fascinated me then....and are even more beautiful with your talented touch.

    When can we run away again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda i double checked to be sure I am in the right place...and wow it says im on your page alright...how long have you been here now? cause this piece looks like youve been here all along girl..the black and white is simply awesome and the color one as well...gator cant choose this time ...fantastic job even the gator was swaying to and fro at the Codfish Ball

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo yours came out beautiful!!! Love what you did with them. It really stands out yet looks totally natural after you took it to picnik! Love it.


    http://empressselena.multiply.com/journal/item/409/Mono_Monday_Early_for_once..._Plus_35?replies_read=20

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Linda, how long did you say you had been doing layering? Two weeks???!!! They look great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool job! I just love those bubbles and the colors are awesome too! That must have been quite the project! Thanks for your comment on mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, you blew this mer-girl out of the water with your talent. Just amazing what you did here and the detail of how you did it. Most impressive sweet lady! Many tail splash from here on your efforts!!! ;^)

    ReplyDelete