Thursday, February 7, 2008

PICTURE PERFECT FRIDAY ~ WATER

 

Photobucket
 

Another fun week of Picture Perfect

and Heather, our host, is back

 with another great theme.

Yes, the theme this week is WATER.

To read the rules and join in the fun

just click on this link----->PICTURE PERFECT

 

Photobucket

 

Water is life's mater and matrix,

 mother and medium. 

There is no life without water.

~ Wendell Berry

 

Another Natchez Trace picture taken in 2006 with my Kodak Z740 digital camera

 

Nothing in the world is more flexible

and yielding than water

Yet when it attacks the firm and the strong,

none can withstand it,

because they have no way to change it. 

So the flexible overcome the adamant,

the yielding overcome the forceful. 

Everyone knows this, but no one can do it.

~ Lao Tuz

 

Photobucket

 

When despair for the world grows in me

and I awake in the night at the least sound

in fear of what my life

and my childrens lives may be,

I go and lie down where the wood drake

rests in his beauty on the water,

and the great heron feeds.

I come into the peace of wild things

who do not tax their lives with forethought of grief.

I come into the presence of still water.

And I feel above me the day-blind stars

waiting with their light. 

For a time I rest in the grace of the world,

and am free.

~Wendell Berry

 

 

Photobucket

Be careful what you water your dreams with.  Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream.  Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success.  Always be on the lookout for ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success.  Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream.

~ Lso Yzu

 

 

Photobucket

 

WISHING EACH & EVERYONE

 A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!

26 comments:

  1. Where is that waterfall, Linda? Is it falling over rock sills or wood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the water fall near you? What an classic, "Don't Listen To Him Dan!!" Same questions as Giles, in enlargement it looks to be either stone terraces (limestone?) or wood, beautiful eithe way, I bet the sound is heavenly, wonderful quotes too!!!!!!! Sooner!!!

    http://johnoh.multiply.com/journal/item/108/WATER_A_PICTURE_PERECT_EVENT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you post with your blogs..Poetry, etc..Very nice Linda.
    Mine is now up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was looking forward to visit your site, now its weekend and i have time.
    loved being here listening to your yodelling singer.

    all your quotes are so true and add value to this blog! i love still water too..

    lovely image of water, the small river surrounded by the green branches made it so fresh and reminded me about how important water is for nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty the photo of the little river. Everything is so nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always awesome!!! Don't know if I'd rather sit beside that beautiful waterfall---I love waterfalls!!! Or beside that reflecting pool---that makes me look younger!!! LOL. (nevermind that it is reflecting on my past--some of which I'd rather just forget about!!)
    Beautiful blog!! I always look forward to coming to your site and reading your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! And wonderful words as usual...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice words to go with a beautiful Photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hei Linda

    Brill take on the theme.
    Have a very fine weekend. Rii :)

    My entry is @ this addy:
    http://riihele.multiply.com/journal/item/624/PICTURE_PERFECT_WATER

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lso Hzu and H2O, good combination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't heard that song in a while...
    Great picture...where is that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pictures like this that make you want to be there and see where the water leads or where it comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love finding water like this. Such a sweet surprise. Thanks once again for a picture perfect post! Mine's finally up!
    http://charmingrebel.multiply.com/journal/item/148/Picture_Perfect_-_Water

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice pic, Linda. Thanks for popping in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Always enjoy your take! Great picture! Can almost hear the water!!

    Thanks for sharing! Mine is up too if you have a minute!
    http://rruzie.multiply.com/journal/item/77/Picture_Perfect_WATER

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhhh nice song ..a mark lowery tune very nice...and a great image to see as well.ty.cool clear water...water...hanging for a bit a relaxing now...jgh

    http://jgaryhillstudio.multiply.com/journal/item/57/Picture_Perfect_Water_Theme

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely little surprise nested in the plant's leaves. Like they are caring for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both the quotes and the picture, Linda. I can almost hear the water flows and the green part around it made me feel very comfortable. Lovely take as usual - thanks so much for sharing it.
    Mine is up too - I hope you can find it... *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  19. love it green..and water ..and words..that is youu Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful blog from a beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a soft beautiful nature shot!

    You went all out on this one with the post!!! Wow!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete