Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I hate to tell you this, Mama.....

 

My last look at Monterey Beach

 

At a very early age, I leaned that my mother was a very wise woman.  There was not much that she didn't know and I don't think you could have found anything she couldn't do once she put her mind to it.  Have to tell you she use to even inform us that one day we would find out she knew everything.  I believed it and wanted to grow up to be just like her.  Now it seems that something has been called to my attention which disputes all I have ever known to be true.

For many years now, my mother has said to anyone that would listen that the nicest people in the world live in North Carolina.  Everyone that I have met from North Carolina has turned out to be wonderful indeed, but on a resent occasion I had the opportunity to find out first hand that the nicest people in the world, in fact, live in California.  I have been taught not to talk to back to my mother but I just have to speak up this time.  Now she really will know everything!!!

 

Photobucket

 

Everyone have a wonderful week!!!

15 comments:

  1. The sea otters are so cute, did you get to see any in the wild?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first look at Monterey Beach!
    Capturing indeed..

    Cute post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had such a wonderful time. Good folks live everywhere. Your mama was right, and so are you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....nice is as nice does...come back soon...we missed you before the plane was off the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww...You miss it there already huh? Are you going back anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though the PLACE is beautiful (even with rain)......I KNOW its not so much there.....as WHO!!!!! I'm feeling your (and Cherie's) misery this morning...........God Bless....(((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Linda... I am originally from Northern California, maybe that's why I have connected to well with you, John and Cherie... hehehehehe. One Question? Did you visit the mission in Carmel...? It's so beautiful and lots of history. I am so happy you had such a wonderful time. God Bless my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I was there at the moment listening to those waves. By the way, Linda, they're not people - they're otters. No wonder they're so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's awful quiet and empty here today. I was thinking I have a virus but now I wonder if it's really my heart is broken having to let you go back to Alabama. I hope you are feeling better today my friend. Come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed you when the door closed and I drove off...I am so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And it was your last look then, but you have pictures to last a life time...

    ReplyDelete
  12. California has there share of nice people, but so does Oregon..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad you had such a special time with your friends Linda and that they proved to be everything you hoped they would be and more. Yeah Mom's do know everything! :-) The little I have got to know them through the blogs tells me that they are pretty special..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been to CA and NC and met very nice people in both, also in MI, MD, GA, TN, IL, oh oh ... there is a pattern forming, suspect you'll find nice people where ever you go /:-)

    The picture is beautiful and and love the sound. Cute otters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The nice people are at the end of looking when we give them the time and attention. A part of your heart remains in Calif, yet part of hers still with you where ever you are. The goodness now greater than the miles between it, how nice the nice is inside both of you....

    ReplyDelete