Monday, February 16, 2009

Mono Monday Plus #32 and Mono Monday #46

 


 

 

(Above is Gary's Link to MM Plus #32 & MM #46)

 

 

It's another fun week with Mono Monday,

and I am so excited this week...

I saw Gator's post and I went with the fantasy theme.

My oldest granddaughter, Arianna, loves the Disney princess's

And so I thought I would do pictures that would make her happy.

(I have to thank Rita again... I am having so much fun with GIMP...

So much to play with and learn but it is great fun!!!)

 

Here are the pictures I used for

my Mono Monday #46:

1.

Taken from a Google search for underwater pictures

 

2.

A picture of my granddaughters taken 2007 (Arianna is on the right)

 

And some free clip art:

1.

 

2.

 

3.

 

 

4.

 

5.

 

6.

 

The first thing I did was cut Arianna out of the Christmas picture

Had to go to Gimp and put it on a larger width picture and anchor it

Than added the layer of Ariel and erased Ariel's face to show Arianna's.

Saved that and pulled my undersea picture up to GIMP

brought the picture made up with my Arianna-Ariel & erased it's back ground.

Now I had Arianna-Ariel under the sea...

I took the clip art one layer at a time and added it ~ sized each one to the right size.

 

After I had it all together I saved it and it looked like this:

I than took this into Picnic and changed it to black & white

Also added a drop shadow frame in Picnik & this is what I came up with:

 

 

Photobucket

 

And for my Plus:

I used these pictures:

1.

Picture taken in Monterey in November

 

2.

Arianna

 

3.

Google search for Ariel

 

4.

 

clip art... (used the tail from this one)

 

5.

Used the fish and the lobster

 

6.

used this for the pelican

 

The procedure was the same for this picture... and so the plus:

 

 

Photobucket

 

 

WANT TO WISH EVERYONE

A NICE WEEK!!!

 

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Oh and she's going to think her Nana is the best in the whole world...(she might just be right too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! Your little mermaid must love this!!! Awesome work this time through....

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH How sweet they are all just wonderful. I have to laugh you have taken the little bit I taught you and really run with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, I agree with Cherie, your the best Nana Evar!!!!!! These are fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the talents never cease to amaze me, what a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to come look again.....I can barely wait to hear her reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh....and perfect music... you know how I find auto music mostly annoying....I haven't turned this off...it's so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL How perfect are those!!!! Has she seen Nana's creation yet??

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh!! How adorable!! She is going to love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Linda, that is just incredible what you have done, Arianna must be over the moon!

    http://miadelight.multiply.com/journal/item/411/Mono_Monday_Plus_32_MM_46

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda now how long you been playing with us? cheese lady you have made some fast progress here I have to say...very creative and the scale looks right ...you did an awesome job for your little mermaid...excellent work here on both the MM and the Plus...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what you have done , you are goodddddd !!! Arianna looks so much like you !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww how cute! you have had much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved your water and waves picture! You did a wonderful job with these! I am sure she will love them! LOL

    Empress C's Mono Plus

    ReplyDelete