Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mono Monday Plus #30 ~ Mono Monday #44 ~ Let's Go To The Movies

 
 
................                                                                                                                             
..........................
 
 
 

 

MONO MONDAY PLUS #30 ~

LET'S GO TO THE MOVIES

 

I am so excited this week... for so long now I have wanted to learn to layer... and now thanks so much to Rita...  I can do it!!!  okay it is just a beginning.. but you have to start somewhere....

 

 

This is a GIMP & PICNIK production:

 

I started with these three pictures..

1.

This picture I took for Picture Perfect Friday ~ Intricate

 

2.

A Picture I got off the net

 

3.

Another from the net (had to enlarge this one)

 

 

 

Thanks to Rita, I took them to GIMP.... put these layers together...erasing the back grounds of the top two layers and coming up with this... well, after taking it to Picnic to Make it an over all Sepia and Softening (50%) this is what I ended up with:

 

 

Photobucket

~*~ Somewhere In Time ~*~

 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Very nicely done and a good movie indeed /:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See Linda you learned fast.................Great Job. You will be teaching me Gimp tricks in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) See I told yah our resident Gimp (rita) would be a great hand with this and Linda that is so well done i cant believe you waited this long ..great job with the music this this is a great presentation .now two things PLEASE one is drop your link over on the mm page and the second is to come and play any chance you get ..love the creative piece youve done here

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol you already took care of the first lmao you posted while i was writing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now your assignment should you choose to accept it....teach me. Excellent Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O beautiful! Rita is awesome isn't she? LOL I needed help with the transparency part and I was doing it all wrong! LOL She explained it to me and walla. I got it! LOL She is good at explaining! Love yours!!!

    Empress C's Mono Plus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classic Movie, what a great treatment of the three pics, perfect for the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is sooo beautiful. i love that movie. it's one of my bestest favorite movie of all times. i always imagine me as Jane Seymour. sigh.

    the composite and coloring you did is perfect. too good for a movie poster.

    mine's here ~ BRAVEHEART

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is super Linda, looks like seamless work to me! I started dowloading Gimp but wasn't sure it would be compatible with my Mac. Have you got the free version?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love that movie!! I own it! You did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have no clue what the movie is, but your conversion and the whole blog presentations is
    simply great! nice job linda!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very well done beautiful lady...I sure miss doing that..

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOOH, I loooove this movie! It's one of my favorites, too! You did a great job, too!

    ReplyDelete