Sunday, February 1, 2009

FINDING YOUR NOTE

 

Photobucket  FINDING YOUR NOTE  Photobucket

A short story by William Saroyan is titled "The Man Whose Wife's Hair Was Too Long But Whose Understanding of Music Was Too Short." If you
think the title strange, listen to this:

In the story, a husband plays the cello and never changes notes. He just continues to repeat the same note without variation.
Photobucket
His wife is driven to distraction and finally protests: "Why do you play the same note over and over and over again? Other cellists play different notes."
Photobucket
"Other cellists play different notes," her husband replies, "because they are trying to find the right one. I've found mine."
Photobucket
Ahhh, the beauty of finding your note! I think I could like him. Finding your note is something like finding your purpose in life or landing where you need to be.
Photobucket
Philosopher James Allen advised, "Above all be of single aim; have a legitimate and useful purpose, and devote yourself unreservedly to it." He could have said, "Find your note and stay with it."
Photobucket
I believe that is an important part of being happy. Like Helen Keller says, true happiness is attained "through fidelity to a worthy purpose."
Photobucket
In music, staking your claim on one note will drive everyone around you nuts. But finding the right note in life, and giving yourself to it, can be a source of unending joy.

Photobucket~Your Life Support   Photobucket

Photobucket ~ Steve GoodierPhotobucket

 

Photobucket

Wishing Everyone

a Great Week Ahead!!!

20 comments:

  1. awesome tune to greet us Linda and what a great blog Ive found my note to bad its so far off key lol...a very lovely and poignant write lady penguin lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... Gator... I was a music major before I went into nursing and I can't carry a tune in a bucket.. matter of fact out of respect for others I try to only sing out loud in the shower, in the car alone or behind a lawn mower.... exception: social visits with Cherie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well....anyone sounds good singing next to me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm an excellent analogy.. Too bad I'm not musical..I don't know one note from another..except when the teacher sent a note home to my mom I got a lot of those..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a nice way of telling such a basic truth!
    lovely and cheerful as usual, linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. in light of the events of this morning, this blog brought tears to my eyes.
    great message linda, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. not anyone.... that'sbeen proven!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROFL.... Roy, I am sure a few of those told your Mom what an outstanding student you were!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always make me smile, Amalie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about the tears, KK. I understand. Jason will have so many prayers. (Big Hug for you)

    ReplyDelete
  11. and a one ....and a two ....and a three...ROFLMBO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we all found our note...giggle..fah,lah, lahhhhhhh...oiy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely thought. great song /:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. had to come back linda mamma cass is glorious ..and I now know what my note is ..its the key of life

    ReplyDelete
  15. than I would say you were right on key for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. doing happpy snoopy dance ..which sure looks funny from a gator

    ReplyDelete
  17. ROFL.... there are a few people who wish mine was silent, Mia!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is a good read. thank you so much for sharing.
    i am still trying to find my note. the problem is,
    i still can't really tell the difference of re from mi. ^*^

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was very nice Linda. I realised that I'm still trying to find my note.LOL
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete