Friday, September 26, 2008

PICTURE PERFECT FRIDAY ~ OLD FASHIONED

 

 

 

PICTURE PERFECT FRIDAY~ OLD FASHIONED

(Link Above)

Heather is our host this week....

And what a great theme!!!

OLD FASHIONED

 

 

 

The old Tipton Place in Cades Cove in the Great Smokey Mountains:

 

Miss Lucy and Miss Lizzie, were schoolmarms in Cades Cove

in the second half of the 1800's. They were daughters of Colonel Hamp Tipton,

a veteran of the revolutionary war, who shortly after the Civil War, built this two story home.

The Smoky Mountain homestead he built, eventually included a smokehouse,

a woodshed, corn crib, blacksmith shop, cantilever barn, and an apiary for bees.

Tipton sold land to and hence was surrounded by many of his family and friends.

 

Photobucket

 

Home is the one place in all this world where ...   

Photobucket

Taken 11-04-2005 at Cades Cove with my Kodak Z740 Digital Camera 

 

 

"Home is the one place in all this world

where hearts are sure of each other.

It is the place of confidence.

It is the place where we tear off that mask

of guarded and suspicious coldness

which the world forces us to wear in self-defense,

and where we pour out the unreserved communications

of full and confiding hearts.

It is the spot where expressions of tenderness gush out

without any sensation of awkwardness

and without any dread of ridicule."


~ Frederick W. Robertson (1816-1853),

English reformer and minister

 

 

 

 

41 comments:

  1. Love the old house and how it's set up on the stone foundation...very nice pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love the home.....I want to sit there with an old fashioned porch swing ....the one's I love there with me...Love the song too Linda....this is beautiful and I hope not so old fashioned we can't ever reach it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful... I just love these old homes... The words are perfectly chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to your Picture Perfect, and this was another interesting blog, Linda!
    Perfect image for the theme, it even matches the season.
    The quotation by Frederick W. Robertson describes a good home perfectly!

    http://amalie2.multiply.com/journal/item/141/Picture_Perfect_Oldfashioned

    ReplyDelete
  5. Won't mind to live in such a lovely place, great shot

    ~*~ OLD FASHIONED ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, I recommend that as being from Cades Cove even before I saw the note...great picture. I have some similar on my site..just got back a week ago from "th cove". (smile)

    http://vickiecollins.multiply.com/journal/item/482/Picture_Perfect_Old-Fashioned

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loove the foundations..lol...it obviously not in hurricane country...great pic Linda as always :)

    http://fotofriday.multiply.com/journal/item/150/Picture_Perfect_Old_Fashioned

    ReplyDelete
  8. cozy cottage. i wonder how old that is. ^&^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love it. Hey you were so early with this I almost missed it.
    Ronnie's Picture Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember seeing this house, back in 1988, during a drive through the Smokies. Such a charming look into days gone by.

    http://karen21445.multiply.com/journal/item/249/Picture_Perfect_-_OLD_FASHIONED

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey I just seen this on another page last week. And every time I look at it, you know what I find amazing and amusing? LOL The rocks. I mean this building has been put through many years of weather and elements and it still sits firmly on rocks that look really shaky! LOL


    Empress C's PP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is such an awesome old cabin. Love the stone work in the chimney. LOL foundation might need some work. The poem is great with it!!

    http://johnoh.multiply.com/journal/item/198

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning photo, I so love the looks of this house!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hei Linda

    Fabulous photo of the old cabin!
    Keep so well and safe.

    My entry on OLD-FASHIONED is in ere.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you KNOW I love this! Just beautiful... the colors surrounding it just makes it perfect!

    need a fillup??
    http://serenole.multiply.com/journal/item/116/Picture_Perfect_Old_Fashioned

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting stone braces. I can't imagine them keeping position after Friday night however. :)

    http://jimnastics.multiply.com/photos/album/7/Samples_of_JimNastics_Photography#50

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant shot Linda, reminds of the old movie Little House on the Prairie
    Sorry for my late visit, it's been a hectic weekend.
    Hope all is well for you and hope your week will be full of blessings.
    Feel free to check out my take: Slightly Old Fashioned

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Linda this is gorgeous! And the song by Porter Wagner... I love his voice but I have never heard this piece. I grew up playing country music with my parents... now I have to find this music to learn and play for my parents. Thanks for sharing! http://rumbledoll.multiply.com/photos/album/7/A_Wet-Tails_Creations#24

    ReplyDelete