Monday, September 15, 2008

Mono Monday #24

 
 


(Link Above)


Second week for me..... What to do.....what to do.....

I started with this Photo:


And this is what I did with it!

1.  Once I had the picture in Picnik I changed it to a Sepia
2.  Then I went to HDR-ish and adjusted the radis, the strength, & the fade
3.  Next clicked on the Cross Process
4.  Went to Focal B&W ~ (adjusted the focal size, edge hardness, & fade)
5.  Next to Effects ~ Tint ~ set the size of the brush & picked color
then colored....

6.  Went to Orton-ish ~ set the bloom, brightness, & fade
7.  Cropped
8.  To Frames ~ Picked Border  ~ picked colors & size
9.  Still in frames ~ Picked Museum Matte ~ picked colors & size

This was the end result:
Photobucket


Well, it appears as though I am taking baby steps...
but at least I am stepping now.
I thank each of you for any suggestions you have given me,
and will try to keep on learning.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!

18 comments:

  1. wow that is what I call great job
    the conversion looks better than the picture
    great job
    http://ladykatya.multiply.com/journal/item/748/Mono_Monday_Plus_10_MM24

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome job.. I'll be following your instructions just so I can learn what you did.. This is so beautiful. Great job....!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all learned by baby steps..................I remember 24 weeks ago I did not have a clue how to do any of this. What I love about MM is that I learn something new every week. Keep playing, but most of all have fun.

    LOLLLLLLLLLLL Look at me I got so carried away telling you o have fun I forgot to tell you how much I like what yo did with the flower. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this and thanks for adding the steps, I will have to try out your program.

    http://trayne.multiply.com/journal/item/145/MonoMonday_24_Plus_10

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made me smile so big .. I love the music .. and Your Photo is just brillliant. I do believe you're sprinting these days !

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Favorite.....tulip......you say baby steps....I say you're a natural at this....and an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the astronaut got it wrong, he meant to say one small step for a flower, one giant step for Linda? Its a terrific picture and wow great job girl, great job. Learning is about doing, and your doing it. Two hugs and three cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice ...hmmm I heard this song before

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's beautiful. i love what you did. the tulip did stand out amidst the monochrome background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhh linda simply grand the music choice spoton and so glad you opted not to do the tiny tim version ..this is classic and perfect for your shot ..very classy look to it...the mono BG has nice detail..and the colorized tulip head is wonderful well done..and these are better than baby steps

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is gorgeous! You really did a fantastic job with it! Of course ask anyone I love flowers. LOL

    Empress C's Mono

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came and saw this and forget to leave a message! DUH! I love the color change. You did a great job on this and I can't wait to see more from you!!

    ReplyDelete