Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Joy All Around Us

 

Hmmm, Sounds very much like a penguin

we have right here on Multiply!!!

 

 

 

Luci, two other dear friends and I flew

to Chile and headed off for what proved to

be an off-the-charts, fantastic trip to the

Magallanic penguin rookery.  I wasn't prepared

for the utter delight I felt as our bus made it's

way down to the coastal rockery, carefully

threading it's way through hundreds of little

penguins who didn't care whose parking lot

they were on or how big our bus was.

Photobucket

As we exited the bus, one particularly

friendly penguin turned to a woman and

began an energetic effort to loosen her

shoelaces. When the shoelaces would not

yield, the penguin pummeled the woman's

leg with a succession of flipper slaps that sent

us all into hysterics.  The woman was not hurt

but she was sporting some memorable

bruises the next day,

Photobucket

To my knowledge, penguins

don't serve any useful purpose in life

other than to give people like me immense

pleasure.  From the grandeur of the

snow-capped glacier peaks to the awkward

land inefficiency of penguins, what

fun it is simply to "sing for joy"

about God's creation.

~Marilyn Merberg

 

Photobucket

 

PhotobucketPhotobucket

 

 

Photobucket

 

WISHING EVERYONE

A GREAT WEEK!

You want to start it with a smile?

Than visit our friendly penguin's

latest blog!!!! ~ ~ ~ Click here

9 comments:

  1. That penguin is certainly a treasure! You have a wonderful week as well Linda. Lots of love and hugs.... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a moment I thought you had been travelling again, even to Chile, a country I would so like visiting! But ack..it was Marilyn Merberg!
    Agreed about penguins in general...and my favourite online penguin is of course Johnon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...me too. I thought you had been travelling also. But now I have started my day off with a smile. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the greatest...LOL... I kinda like this penguine...too!!!! Does he like chocolate??????? Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sing even when you don't feel like it....that's when the joy shows up....

    ....well except when I'm singing....then everyone hides or plugs their ears and they don't look very joyous...

    The point is joy is found inside....not from our circumstances, surroundings or things...it's always with us...we just have to recognize it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The penguin is a great guy!! He has lifted my spirits for certain!

    ReplyDelete