Thursday, April 10, 2008

PICTURE PERFECT FRIDAY ~ HOBBY

 
 

 

 

Our host this week is JohnOh

 
and the word he has chosen
 
is:
 
 HOBBY
(definition: An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation
and engaged in primarily for pleasure.)
 

 

If you are not a part of PPF,

would like to know more about it

and join in all the fun

just follow this link --------->PICTURE PERFECT

 

Photobucket

 

"The most beautiful hobby

when you miss someone beloved,

is thinking of him or her with pleasure."

~unknown

 

Photobucket

 

My favorite Hobby ~ we all probably have a few. 

I know I like music, reading, sewing,

camping, swimming, fishing, backpacking,

and I seem to collect, music, books, and movies...

So what to choose....

the definition did that for me with the word pleasure.

The thing that has brought me the most pleasure

in my life, other than the people in it, is the music

(including nature's music).

It started with my record player as a child,

than my trumpet in the six grade all through

High School and College.....

In life, music has been there and brought me pleasure

through the happy times, sad times, quiet times, etc.

Music is my favorite HOBBY.

 

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket.......................................................................Photobucket

 

Photobucket"To stop the flow of musicPhotobucket

Photobucketwould be like stopping of time itself,Photobucket

Photobucketincredible and inconceivable."Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket~ Aaron CoplandPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket(American Composer 1900-1990)Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

 

 

 

Photobucket

"Music speaks what cannot be expressed,

soothes the mind and gives it rest,

heals the heart and makes it whole,

flows from heaven to the soul."

~unknown

 

 

 

 

Photobucket  Photobucket  Photobucket

 

 

Wishing everyone a fantastic Friday!

Take some time this weekend

to enjoy your HOBBY

& your loved ones!!!

Be sure to make

a little music!!!

 

*The photo includes about half of my cd's, (Some of the old 33 albums

can be seen through the glass and the bottom of the cabinet is full of them),

my stereo (also behind the glass), one of my guitars, and my old trumpet. 

Have a closet full of cassettes, 45 records, and (lol) even a few old 8 tracks. 

It was taken today with my Kodak Z740 Digital Camera.

38 comments:

  1. What a collection!!! And music....great hobby!!! Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Linda this is so beautiful. Music is the language of our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. music is life music is soul music is the most perfect form of art it touches more people in more ways than all the paintings, sculptures photos combined ...you dont have to be able to sing, play an instrument or compose for it to totally capture your soul..I am addicted to music and given a choice of loosing all except one form of expression or art music would be my keeper..one note from an old song takes me away to another time and another place..it lifts when down ..and it can capture a moment in time for everyone..we all hear that song come on and we are taken 20 yrs back to a fav memory with a friend that may longer be with us..this is a great entry and the music you chose is picture perfect..jgh
    Ty for visiting my “Hillbilly Scrabble Hobby”
    jgaryhillstudio “Hobby”
    ”Picture Perfect”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda you out did yourself. What an awesome blog... One question? Do you play the guitar? I have 2 sons who play, I have such a respect for those who have a musical talent. Hugs my friend. I just love your hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa...that sure is a lot of music Linda. I guess we have quite a few too but not that many I don't think. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trippel sighs!
    Linda, oh you..what a blog! Your love for music comes through so well!!
    And what a collection of CDs..
    Thank you for adding so much beauty and life to your blogs.

    http://amalie2.multiply.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. amalie2 wrote today at 3:49 PM
    Tripple sighs!
    Linda, oh you..what a blog! Your love for music comes through so well!!
    And what a collection of CDs..
    Thank you for adding so much beauty and life to your blogs.

    http://amalie2.multiply.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll sing to that? Great blog Linda, wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. I soooooooooo feel the same way you do about music! ... if calms the beast inside me, and stirs my heart to creativity ... from Journey to Shania Twain, I can tolerate most all forms ... fantastic hobby ... keep on singin! ... 9 woofs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is some collection .... and a lovely room! Nice picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a nice entry! I'd like to have a look at that collection of CD's and just play a little song on your guitar!
    Have a lovely WE!
    http://kia909.multiply.com/journal/item/111

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow and I thought I had a lot of CD's !! I love music too , your photo is lovely and has everything to do with music !!!

    http://sharonl344.multiply.com/journal/item/88/Picture_Perfect_Hobby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Hobby an equally wonderful picture. Thanks for sharing. Mine is at -http://jayaramanms.multiply.com/journal/item/120/PICTURE_PERFECT_-_HOBBY please see.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun Hobby, perfect background music!! Beowuld and Grendal too!!
    Music for every mood and circumstance??

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great!! I have a decent collection of music, some of it is still with my mother from when I left California, but nowhere near what you have. Impressive.

    Picture Perfect - Hobby

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is especially beautiful Linda.

    I love the heart you put into everything you do ...but today I know this is truly where your heart is and how much you do believe in the magic of music.

    ReplyDelete
  17. And your love of music comes through in every blog that you post!!! Beautiful picture and an equally beautiful blog!! (wonderful song selection for this blog also)
    ♥(((HUGS)))♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! what a great hobby you have, what a huge collection of cd's..It's always interesting what you come up with.. Great!
    http://lovinheart445.multiply.com/journal/item/34/Picture_Perfect_Friday_Hobby

    ReplyDelete
  19. serendipitydreams wrote today at 12:08 AM
    This is especially beautiful Linda.

    I love the heart you put into everything you do ...but today I know this is truly where your heart is and how much you do believe in the magic of music.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wonderful hobby! Music comes in many shapes and forms, currently my daughter is frustrated with her musical stars, being that she is just 13 months I can understand her frustrations!
    http://mom2mels.multiply.com/journal/item/97/Hobbys_Picture_Perfect_

    ReplyDelete
  21. ROFL OMG You are as bad about music as I am about movies! I didn't use them as my hobby as it is more of an obsession... LOL

    Great Hobby and PP!

    Click here for Empress C

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great collection of CDs! Excellent entry, Linda, Love the music you have added in this blog. I Love music too... as Music Heals...

    DreamzOnForever’s PPF entry - Hobby

    ReplyDelete
  23. You've got more than me, which is saying something.

    ReplyDelete