Thursday, November 22, 2007

Picture Perfect Friday

Did the "first thought" thing again and it was Harvest Moon (hence the music ~ also it is a song I remember as one of my Mom's favorites).
Than I started thinking about my life.....
Yes, I think I am in the harvest of my life. I am reaping what I have sowed (And I'm thinking I must have done something right to have the family and friends I have. I love my job, the people I work with.) I am thinking the harvest is good!!! Am wishing a similar harvest for each of you!
My picture is not one of my life, although it goes back to the trip on the Natchez Trace Parkway in 2006. It would be impossible to include all the beautiful things in my life in one picture or even a hundred pictures for that matter. The picture is to go with the quote beneath it. And it was taken with my Kodak Z740 Digital Camera.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"Remember to be gentle with yourself and others.
We are all children of chance and none can say why some fields will blossom while others lay brown beneath the August sun. Care for those around you. Look past your differences. Their dreams are no less than yours, their choices no more easily made. And give, give in any way you can, of whatever you posses. To give is to love. To withhold is to weither. Care less for your harvest than for how it is shared and your life will have meaning and your heart will have peace."
~ Kent Nerburn
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU

32 comments:

  1. Again I say this is the best because of the words you wrote and came from your heart. I hope your harvest is one full of love, friendship and all your hearts dreams fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to liedown there and have a roll about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific post you presented us with this week! Great take on the theme - similiar to mine~ I love the lush greeness in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh Linda that is the most awesome pc..and such wonderful words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quote and your words!!!! Great picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really a beautiful harvest blog and oh so true. We all reap what we sow... I just want to tell you that I am reaping a great harvest in my friendship with you. Hug my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hei Linda

    You always have these wonderfully unique posts for the PP! Love it.
    Have a wonderful weekend. Rii :)

    Mine's up as well...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the words you posted and such a peaceful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, what a stunning picture .. it looks like a huge cushion of green spongy velvet!! Beautiful. Beautiful words too ... a complete contrast to my vision of soil and potatoes ~grin~ Thanks for dropping in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awsome blog my friend. I love the quote and the pictures...you are always surprising me...i so enjoy this picture perfect you got me into...thank you my dear...and have a great weekend!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful story, beautiful picture

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful words and a lush photo to go with it... did i mention that green is my favorite color? LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picture and beautiful quote and words to go along with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect!!! I remember my mom listening to this song too! Thanks for bringing back that memory!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picture,looks soooo soft,lovely words too

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the entry and your photo as well! It makes me want to walk around and take a lot of deep breaths - I bet it was a beautiful day!

    Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy the Harvest for many many years :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A personal harvest is always wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice words and nice pic, Linda. We always reap what we sow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This song reminds me of my mother also she loved to sing !! That field is just for running around and throwing yourself down and watching the clouds roll by overhead, beautiful !!

    Mine is up also :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love to ride the bike down the Natchez Trace. I go over there several times in the summer.

    This is a beautiful post~!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Timing is perfect as there is a full moon today. I love the wheat fields. I usually get a wheat centerpiece and then replant some seeds the next year and they do grow. :) I also love wide open spaces. I too thought about what I have sowed and reaped. Thanks this was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photograph, looks so peaceful. And, I love what you said about reaping what you sow, it's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  23. great post. thanks for sharing the song!! love the wheat, very beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Linda, I have kept this page open all day, coming back every so often to gaze at the photo. I'll swap you Paraty for that piece of paradise... deal? That green looks velvety and cool... I long to take my shoes off and walk there. I have saved that quote from Kent Nerburn to read again. Wise words. Thanks for a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for sharing such wonderful thoughts, beautiful picture and a great harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  26. One AWESOME picture accompanied by a WONDERFUL quote is enough to describe the purpose of my entire life - of why I'm still here - breathing, being alive...
    Tears are coming down from my eyes while I'm typing right now, Linda.
    Yes - I will give and God bless your soul for reminding me of this... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete