Friday, November 16, 2007

PICTURE PERFECT FRIDAY ~ REPETITION

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Once again, a big thank you to Heather for our Picture Perfect Friday!
(Guess if there was any doubt in your mind, Heather, about how addicted so many of us are ~ it was a doubt that was erased this week on Wednesday with the campout on PPF page waiting for the word~ lol)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The minute I heard the word, a vision of
my grandson standing at the front door
of his house with his nose pressed
against the glass came to my mind.
He did this every time that his mama told him
that Nanna was coming to see him. One time
I was detained and he stood there for 2 hours
(my daughter could not get him to move).
Than it came to me ~ The rocker.
I was blessed to have a lot of time to spend
with this grandson the first year of his life
(Four and a half years ago when he became
my first grandchild). I spent hour upon
hour in the rocker singing to him
(yes, scarey and he still loves me).
He had a favorite song (or one that he seem to be
comfortable with ~ I had read that babies
like lullabies that the music or the words
repeat themselves ) and so I mostly sang it
over and over again.
Many hours that I will never forget.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket ...............................................................................................Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Repetition of the rocker....
Repetition of the song....
Repetition of the love
continues long after
the rocking and music are gone....Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
WISHING EVERYONE
A WEEKEND
FULL OF MUSIC AND LOVE!

33 comments:

  1. The best ever.....I love the words...." Repetition of the love
    continues long after the rocking and music has ended" You should write your own more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful..How very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the truth. I have to just glance at my old rocker, and I'm in it humming with a baby in my arms. Great memory. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a great picture for the theme....yes..a comforting and repetitious rocking is wonderful....enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh the good ole rocker...good one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Repetition of this kind creates memeories worth remembering for the rest of his life!
    How lucky he is who has a grandma like you!
    I look forward to having grandkids too! It seems so fine:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture and words to go along with it!! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. simple but so profound. Like Cherie I was struck with "Repetition of the Love"

    ReplyDelete
  9. remember those days well. great take on theme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful... what wonderful memories... you made me smile today thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  11. And the kisses the baby gets and gets and gets.. good job

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a WONDERFUL take on the theme. I just LOVE it!!! Mine's up. Feel free to come take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one especially touched my heart.. When we go visit our granddaughters, Heather and Petra sit with me in the rocker and rock and rock. Heather being as sick as she was this was her place of comfort. So she rocks with me any time she can... I love this.. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the repetition of the blinds in the bkgd.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a heartwarming story for your theme this week, Linda. I bet you were as comfortable in that rocker as your grandchild was in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by and saying such sweet things about my post. It's my lil Boog that makes my post. He loves his swinging!Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic...and clever. And sooo true! Don't cha love rocking those babes!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hei Linda

    WONDERFUL entry!! Just gorgeous.
    Take care and do keep so safe.
    Have a super weekend. Rii :)

    Mine's up as well...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Linda....beautiful as always. What a great take on the theme. My Mom used to sing to me also and I can still remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another absolutely wonderful Picture Perfect post -- love the site !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Linda!! Beautiful memory... Beautiful interpretation.... Beautiful picture!! You captured my heart again!!
    God Bless you....(((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  22. smiles..theres a such a gentleness to be found in a rocking chair..great post as always Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a wonderfully relaxing entry! Thank you for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Linda.... that chair looks so cozy and cushy and comfy... and I can so imagine the scene. No wonder he loves you : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. wiggling to the tune......"this old man............" beautiful Linda! smilesssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful....my song with my newest granddaughter is ROCKIN ROBIN....each grandchild and I have our own song....keep on rockin and singing.....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful words, and moving interpretation. Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete