Friday, November 2, 2007

Foto Friday ~ Fall

MySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace LayoutsMySpace Layouts

 

This weeks theme is: Fall

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

 

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.

"October's Party"
~George Cooper

 

Yet another picture from Cades Cove

or leaving it in October of last year.  

Taken with my Kodak z740. 

The leaves, not quite as pretty as they

had been the year before but still very beautiful!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

                                                                                                                     Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

 

I love fall! Fall is exciting.
It's apples and cider.
It's an airborne spider.
It's pumpkins in bins.
It's burrs on dog's chins.
It's wind blowing leaves.
It's chilly red knees.
It's nuts on the ground.
It's a crisp dry sound.
It's green leaves turning
And the smell of them burning.
It's clouds in the sky.
It's fall. That's why...
I love fall.

~unknown

 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

falling leaves
hide the path
so quietly
~
John Bailey

 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Autumn is a second spring

when every leaf is a flower. 

~Albert Camus

 

 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Everyone must take time

to sit and watch the leaves turn.

~ Elizabeth Lawrence

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

May each of you touch someone's life in some small way this weekend and may yours be touched for the good as well...

Enjoy your weekend!

 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

52 comments:

  1. One very pretty country road. And your poems and quotes are prefect for the theme and picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, wonderful post. The Smokies are my favorite place to be, a tie with WV (no first or second) I've got the Kodak Z650. We have a couple things in common :-) Great job with the poems, music and graphics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so pretty to come and see! Great music behind it! And I don't usually like music on a blog! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eva Cassidy and your photograph go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture Linda... love the blog!!! The picture just looks like "HOME" to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superior Fall post!!!! It's all just so wonderful. The picture is amazing, I love the winding road! Kind of like fall...winding along from one stage to the next. Fantastic! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo... I want to see what's down that road.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this was something of a blog! Just fall from the start to the end! Youmust have worked quite a lot with it.
    Your image is beautiful, it looks in fact very familiar to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That look so peaceful and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pic...it looks like it could have been taken here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful pic and the music so perfect as usual for you! once again you have outdone yourself....better and better...love your new site also. you are an inspiration.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the blog, as always, all the falling leaves are so wonderfully set around the wonderful picture for this week's theme. And the music... you made me want to stay here and just look at your picture. I can imagine a story out of it. I would love to be there, well, not alone. :)
    Thanks so much, Linda. It's a pleasure to visit your Foto Friday's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so love this, everything about it is wonderful, especially the music! So nice! Also thanks so much for the visit Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photo and post Linda. The music is beautiful, thanks for sharing all this. Thanks for visiting mine too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. very beautiful!!! looks perfect for a fall drive on a sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Linda

    What a fabu entry!! WTG.
    Have a super weekend.
    Rii :)

    Mine's up as well...

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful, Your page always takes on many aspects of foto friday... That picture looks like one of the roads I drive down... Awesome my friend..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wanna drive down that road!! How gorgeous is that!!! Nice pic! jj:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an absolutely stunning picture ... truly beautiful!! Love the words too!!
    Thanks for dropping in on mine ... take care and have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very lovely photo. Your presentation is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Linda....as always. Do I always say that. Probably. But it's true. I love your blogs. Wonderful photo and I love the little stone wall too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful blog! Your graphics are perfect for your picture choice. Thanks for visiting my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome post! Love the photo...very Fall...peaceful! quiet... like all I want is to hold someone's hand walking down there.... :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a fantabulous blog!!!!!! Lovely colors. Now I am off to tip-toe around your page and see where this photo could have been taken....

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a beautiful photo, Linda... I feel the crisp Autumn air just looking at it. Cute poem and poetry, too. You really go all out... complete with a Fall song. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous shot! :)

    I just love driving down roads like that, so peaceful and lovely!

    Thanks for stopping by my page!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ohh I love your page..its fall here for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the poems and the photos! The winding road makes me want to explore...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fall is in the air! It's my favorite time of year. I love your quotes! Your pages on Picture Perfect OOPS FOTO FRIDAY :o) are always exceptional. Thank you so much for the care and the time in posts. lml~tj

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice shot Linda ...Great job! thanks for sharing this. Hmmm mine is also posted. Have a great weekend there. Hug.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely photo, it could have been taken here!! It is truely lovely! Thank you for coming past!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow great picture and I know that road very well , I never miss a chance to go out to the cove...I will be at the Dixie Stampede to see the Christmas show in a few days will be out to the cove soon. Will post some pictures when I return.

    ReplyDelete
  33. nicely composed blog entry - great picture! I miss real autumn :-(

    ReplyDelete
  34. That looks like a beautiful place to be. Cool poems about fall too. I love fall. It is my favorite time of year (at least, once my sinuses adapt...)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really like this. The colors, the leaves on the ground...great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh I've been to Cades Cove many times. I actually recognize this section of road. I've been through there many times on Pearl...

    Pearl ---------------->

    Thanks for the great comments on my theme. And thank you for reading to my friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  37. It does look like a leaving kind of picture, no pun intended. Beautiful location, great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a fantastic photo, I just love driving around the bend and in the valleys you see the most beautiful colors. I agree this fall is not as beautiful as usual. I love the animation, the words and poems, made it feel like a celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. simply gorgeous! Reminds me of a stretch of road out on the Eastern shore of Maryland near Annapolis. I went there last year at this time. COLD, but beautiful. Hmmm...should have included a couple of those in my slideshow!

    You did a great job with this post. Pictures, poetry and animation. Why Linda.... you took time on us! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fall is my favorite time of the year. The chill in the air time for snuggly sweaters and walks through the mountains with leaves crunching under my feet and the scent of smoke from fires in the early morning and late evening. I love swapping my sneakers for boots and getting the quilts out for the bed snuggling deep down into the piles of quilts and pillows. It's the perfect time for romance! You are so creative in bringing all those feeling to life with your photo's, poetry, quotes and music. A lovely place to sit and daydream here.

    ReplyDelete
  41. your page very beautiful as always.. i love all, the entry and the pict. Thank you for sharing.. Have a nice day Linda..

    ReplyDelete
  42. Nice shot Linda the comp is good. Thanks for stopping by I 'm sorry haven't posted yet, tomorrow I promise. Its a sports weekend household I live in so busy busy.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful photo of the falling leaves. Looks so peaceful there. Also you have a beautiful and awesome page going on here. Thanks for stopping by mine. Your right our grandchildren are our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such a beautiful photo, Linda! I loved it!! Reminds me of many of the roads here in WV in the autumn! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful....photo and blog.....awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Gosh girl....you give me Foto Friday envy. I thought I was doing just peachy on Multiply, and now I see the most fab of all the fabulous blogs and ahum, you rock girl! Nice picture and love the effects.

    ReplyDelete
  47. wow I love that Girlfriend! You did such a great job. Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Great photo, it is so pretty.
    Thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh, this is a great post, Sweetie. Thanks for stopping by mine.

    ReplyDelete