Monday, January 7, 2008

Quiet Moments...

 

 

In quiet moments when you think about it,

 you recognize what is critically important

in life and what isn't.

Be wise and don't let good things

crowd out those that are essential.


~Richard G. Scott

 

 

 

Photobucket

 

Every time I have some moment on a seashore,

 or in the mountains,

or sometimes in a quiet forest,

 I think this is why the environment has to be preserved.


~Bill Bradley

 

 

Photobucket

 

      “When was the last time you spent a quiet moment

just doing nothing - just sitting and looking at the sea,

or watching the wind blowing the tree limbs,

or waves rippling on a pond,

a flickering candle or children playing in the park?”

~Ralph Marston

 

 

 

Photobucket


Wishing everyone

 a wonderful week

filled with some

quiet moments!

9 comments:

  1. LOL......quiet moments around here are few and far between. I think the last time I sat quietly on the beach was when I was in Guam....... I DO remember it WELL!!! And go back there in my mind quite often.
    Wishing you a wonderful week also, my friend.....God Bless... (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quotes we should take to heart. The forest and lupine (?) picture is unbelievably beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, and thank you for reminding us. The quiet moments don't usually come by themselves, we must make a priority about how to spend our time. Too often I hear ppl complaining about how busy they are and how stressed. The only ones who can change that, are themselves.
    You blog is decorated (as usual) with the most lovely images! This is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...the forest picture is just beautiful...and full of my favorite color!! Quiet moments are nice. I try to take advantage of them whenever possible!! Thanks for sharing the beautiful writings and pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always manage to get my lil spot in wooods ,, set for hrs just listening to critters watching trees and crittters ,reflecting on so much , feeling wind gently flowing thru ,,ah yes ,, crazy part is i drive 45 min get that place an all i got do is walk behind my place lol go figure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite moments? I have too many of them my friend, and that's when I get sad.. I do love the solitude of the sea, and mountains, but just setting here alone in a empty house Ihave to keep my stero, or TV going just to be able to survive.. Cannot bear the silence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wellllllll........I know the quiet moments aren't when you are tired....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful as usual.....I like the quotes but I especially like the pictures you have up......now shhhhhhh so I can enjoy the music.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need MORE, MORE quiet moments!!! LOL That is why I love going to the library. Sigh...I can think there! lol

    ReplyDelete