Thursday, January 3, 2008

Picture Perfect Friday ~ Reflections

 

Reflecting back on my life ~ it is like the Beatles' song ~

there are places in my life...  Yes, and people..... 

Many wonderful people and places. 

My son and his wife were married in July of 2000

on the Island of Santarini in Greece. 

It was a wonderful trip.  It was a wonderful time for me

involving people I love so much!  I loved it! 

And as I reflect back over my life,

it is a time I remember as one of my happiest!

This is a picture of my daughter I took while we were on the island. 

It was made with a Sony FD83 Digital Camera.

(Clicking on picture will bring up full size picture)

 

Reflect upon your present blessings -

of which every man has many -

not on your past misfortunes,

of which all men have some. 

~ Charles Dickens

 

 

Photobucket

Most true happiness comes from one's inner life,

from the disposition of the mind and soul.

Admittedly, a good inner life is difficult to achieve,

especially in these trying times.

It takes reflection and contemplation and self-discipline.

~ William L Shirer


 

25 comments:

  1. She's beautiful just like her mama...... I know how hard it was for you to leave that time and place .....the past has many happy memories to reflect on.....but the tomorrows look so bright it's hard not to see the reflections from the future as the best is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely girl. she looks so relaxed. Lovely picture. Perfect reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful experience and what wonderful memories!!!! Beautiful young woman, your daughter!!
    Have a blessed day, my friend...... (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific time, and such touching memories! You are blessed with a beautiful family who it looks like inherited your beautiful heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful memories of a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great memory. Nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great!.. A very nice photo, and wonderful memories.. lovely lady just like her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd give anything to be out there reflecting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait .. . I'm suspended in thought by the great song.

    Wow, I'd forgotten how great the words to that song were. Now, I'm drifting through my own set of reflections across the many people who have come and gone in my life.

    Hmmm . . . that's what you were after, wasn't it?

    Damn . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect song choice Linda. What a wonderful treasure of a memory to have, to be able to pull out and smile when ever you want.
    The Dickens poem is one we all should have near.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect all the way round..the picture is lovely, the song and poem are brilliant choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. as always, you capture the theme well with your choices of image, words and music... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quotes and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful post Linda..love the song, perfect for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post Linda!!. and picture about reflections of life....i know this song tooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderous ........i wouldnt expect none less from lady such as yourself , again maybe cause im me but .... im in awe once again.......bows and kissess hand that writes and shares so much

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooooh how awesome! This is such a great shot, a fabulous post and the song is wonderful too! It fits the theme so well. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm amazed, as always! wonderful blog with much encouragement!
    you are a true expert when it comes to positive thinking, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful picture! I'm sure it was a wonderful time there in Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A wonderful post and picture! A great take on the theme (mine is similar).

    If you have a chance, please stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A very reflective time indeed! Great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hei Linda

    A very wonderful photo and words.
    Great take on the theme. Rii :)

    So SORRY for the lateness of me comment on the same.

    ReplyDelete