Thursday, January 24, 2008

AROUND THE WORLD

 Photobucket                               Photobucket                                Photobucket

This is not PPF

~ LOL ~

I don't know how to read instructions

and had already put this blog together

when it was pointed out to me

by a friend what the rules were. 

Too late and too much work later..... 

So I am posting my Around the World

but not participating in PPF this week. 

 I will be looking at others though!!!

 

 

(This is a picture of the picture I took

as I have lost the negitive and this one is poster size.

The orginal was taken with an old Pentex 35mm

and the copy with my Kodak Z740 digital camera.)

 

The picture I choose for Around the World,

I took on a trip in England. 

It really covers a good part of the world

because on this night in a British Pub

I took this picture of a Scottish gentleman, an Irishman,

two Englishmen, and an American. 

The Scottish gentleman is the man on the left side of the picture

and he sang me an Irish Ballad. 

He smiled and ask, "How often do you think that a Scottish man

sings an Irish Ballad to an American woman in a British Pub?" 

It is a night I will never forget. 

Which brings me to my Around the World

and that is no matter where you go

Around the World you meet the nicest people. 

I have not traveled a lot but I have been to England,

Greece and to the Bahama's (outside the USA)

and all three trips I met the nicest people. 

In England, the owner of the Bread and Breakfast

we stayed in took me shopping to the local little shops

and introduced me to her friends. 

In Greece, the owner of the hotel we stayed in

went into his wine cellar and gave me a bottle

of his grandfather's wine to bring home

(that was not ask for ~ it came out of the blue)

(I still have it and that was in 2000)

and in the Islands just one of the nice things that happened

was the cab driver pulled over and picked three flowers

for my Mom and Sister and I to put in our hair. 

 I don't think that nice people are unique

to any part of the world ~ I think they cover it!!!

 


16 comments:

  1. Linda this the best, typing my comment to the music... Great.... Love it... http://frannier.multiply.com/journal/item/552

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheeers!!!!! Dont ya love the Scots

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a wonderful post and a great memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .....my guy on the sidewalk seems awfully boring compared to your life and experiences....but someday....we're going to Parati and see the tide cover the cobblestone roads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my... This is so very nice. I never traveled far out of country.. Only to canada and, and Mexico, so I can't really say I have been "around the world".. Maybe I can come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hei Linda

    LOVELY entry!
    Have a super weekend. Rii :)

    Mine's up as well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda what a great story behind the picture there, it must be an unforgetable moment. Thanks for sharing. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you fancy a pub crawl, drop in at my local as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey linda!
    that's an unforgettable night!
    and hey, its a rule: nice ppl attract nice ppl!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read it that way too the first time! Anyway, just have fun and play...we love ya anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post, Linda!! There are wonderful and interesting people all over the world...and you're included! Glad the memories are sweet and special ones for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you are one of those people that bring out the uniquness in others too! Yes, the world we live in is special!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like an International Around The World picture to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. how X-trodinary! This is the kind of stuff I love to come across. Xtrodinary in the Ordinary... Rules, smules... It's still excellent!

    http://serenole.multiply.com/journal/item/47

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the picture so much and I can just imagine the fun things shared that night - I have not traveled much either, Linda and your words made me think that I did meet the nicest people during those travel times... I like the good and positive spirit you shared here and I will try to remember this the next time I travel... Thank you so much!
    O and I love the song too - this is the 1st time I see this kind of playlist and it works well with my dial-up, by the way. I might use it myself... *grin* Again, thank you so much!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everyone sure looks happy! Can I come with you next time!!?? Ooooh the fun we'd have!

    ReplyDelete