Tuesday, January 22, 2008

CHANGE

Photobucket

 

 

For nothing is fixed, forever and forever and forever,

it is not fixed; the earth is always shifting,

the light is always changing,

the sea does not cease to grind down rock.

Generations do not cease to be born,

and we are responsible to them

because we are the only witnesses they have.

The sea rises, the light fails, lovers cling to each other,

and children cling to us.

The moment we cease to hold each other,

the sea engulfs us and the light goes out.

~James Baldwin

 

Photobucket

Change always comes bearing gifts. 

~Price Pritchett



Photobucket

 

 

Photobucket

 

Photobucket



Photobucket

 


11 comments:

  1. Thank you Linda... I needed to read this today. I am realising every little movement towards change is met with resistance towards that change. It make that change doubly hard! It is about letting go.... Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog, dear friend. I had to smile all the way through it.... no matter how much we want things to remain the same, they are going to change!!! So goes the cycle of life!!! I love the way you view changes....
    God Bless you......big (((HUGS))) *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Linda, your love for life is shining through everything in your blog. It's so poetic, wise and beautiful.
    Carpe Diem!

    What a great way for me to finish this day!
    Thank you
    Hugs and smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this Linda it is beautiful. I'm ready for a change here but I give it to God because He makes everything beautiful in His time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Letting go and letting change make its change on to us....Nature Cycle of life....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate change but I love you....my life changed when you came into it...so sometimes change is good. But that's it for the next 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Change is good..Change brings us growth in our lives... Never be afraid of change.
    Reminds me of this song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need change in my life, and I relish change.. Life stands still for no one. We are not static people.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life is a ever growing process..Please remember that we need change to keep growing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This isn't the song I had in mind.. But anyway, it is a good song.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's my favourite Bowie. Listened as I was changing to go to work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete