Monday, December 10, 2007

Writers Block ~ Challenge # 26 ~ Just like this ladybug

 

 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

 

Just like this ladybug surrounded by the fluff

of a dandelion in seed,

I feel safe in all the beauty of the woods.

It is just something I need.

Or like a walk on the beach where I grew up,

listening as waves hit the shore...

I could walk or sit quietly thinking for hours

absorbing all the peace and more.

Once in awhile here are breezes that come

blow seeds of our dandelion away.

These seeds are spread so other dandelions

grow for us to enjoy another day.

There are many times when I have to fly away

from my safe little space,

to take care of responsibilities I have in this world,

with its fast modern pace...

Work has to be done, bills that need to be paid,

care to be given and those to feed...

What a joy it is when there is time to fly

back to the beauty of my dandelion in seed...

 

just like this ladybug

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

 

 

 

 

 Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

AND A GREAT WEEK!

11 comments:

  1. Hoping you have a great week also, my friend. Yes we all need that "alone time"... to get our world centered again... sometimes it has to be only in our minds that we visit the beach... or the mountains... or the woodland trails.
    Have a beautiful, blessed Monday, my friend.... God Bless... (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, having time just for oneself is essential! You describe it in such a poetic way! This is also what I enjoy to do! More than enjoy in fact, I need it.
    Just being...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. Everyone needs time alone, sometimes it's so nice to just regroup. Terrific writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is good! Yes, it is always good for us to break away from the hub bub of everyday life, and set our eyes on God's creation so we replenish our soul. I love driving up into the nearby mountains. I find a lot of peace, and solitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing writer Linda....always with perfect words to describe how we all feel....but then isn't that what a writer does...puts life into words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I fly to your haven too? What a lovely thought around this theme, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was marvelous, everything about it was grand... the words the graphics.. you are quite talented.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, love the feel it gives you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you made a wonderful interpretation of the challenge. thanks for a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so important to remember to take breaks. To step out of the hub bub and get quiet. Well done! The song in the background is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the fact that we see it the same way but expressed it differently. I agree that in every relationship we have there should be a place where we are given our own space. Thanks for sharing this, Linda.
    Mine is up too... here is the link:
    http://onlymissy.multiply.com/journal/item/37/Writers_Block_Challenge_4_on_Multiply

    ReplyDelete