Friday, June 26, 2009

PICTURE PERFECT FRIDAY ~ FAVORITE PICTURE PERFECT POST


 

PICTURE PERFECT FRIDAY





Our hostess this week is Cherie
,
And the theme she has chosen is:

FAVORITE PICTURE PERFECT POST

This is the favorite of your own post... not your favorite of anyone Else's!.



I was so excited when I heard the theme this week.  There was no doubt


which one I would post as it was my favorite from start to finish.


I was visiting my Mom and my sister last summer


when the theme was posted "Song Titles".  LOL, we all know I like that live music. 
(How ever this one didn't have live music in it as it was a competition week.)

It had been a month since my last visit to California at the time

and I was missing my boyfriend.  So my song title was natural.

My whole family jumped into help.  We called every florist in the area

to try to find some lavender and finally found it at the grocery store down the street.

My sister cut the lavender and put the ribbon around it while my brother in law

cleared his desk (several desk actually to get the right color wood.)

My mother emptied the frame for his picture,

and I wrote the letter (which I later mailed).

I must have kissed 20 envelopes before we agreed on an okay kiss ~ lol.

And although I took the picture... everyone was right in there with suggestions.

It was so much fun and I had thought that visiting there I would miss Picture Perfect

that week.  When the top ten were posted... everyone was looking

over my shoulder to see if "we" made it. 

Although I am not a big "Competition" fan (as for me it is about the fun and the sharing),

I was never so happy in my life... for my family.  It was so much fun!

Below is my entry exactly as it was posted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
 
......Photobucket

 

PICTURE PERFECT FRIDAY

 (Link to Picture Perfect)

Our host this week is Heather

and the word:

SONG TITLES

 

 

 

Photobucket

 

"Though we gotta say good-bye,
For the summer...
Darling, I promise you this,
I'll send you all my love,
Everyday in a letter,
Sealed with a kiss."

 

 

Photobucket

 

Taken today (July 24, 2008) with my Kodak easyshare Z740 Digital Camera

 

52 comments:

  1. Beautiful and from the heart!!! Wish you guys could be together 24/7/365!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah... I remember this one. It's even better the second time around. Like Spaghetti sauce on the second night.

    Love it!

    http://harleymick.multiply.com/journal/item/229/Picture_Perfect_-_Favorite?replies_read=2

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my favorite ever of yours too Linda.....sigh.......bigger sigh.....when are you coming home.....We miss you Linda.....it's time to come back for keeps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and tell that guy down there the spaghetti is waiting....with garlic bread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour Linda! I can surely see why this one would be a favorite of yours *smiles* ... lovely. Great composition.

    Click here for my entry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why this shot is a favorite of yours. It is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwwww and awwwwwww. i remember this sooo well. the Ancient One i recognized right away and am like, they're dating?!!! rofl! i didn't know how many people were involved in creating this masterpiece. truly worth cherishing ^^

    thanks for the visit and the kind comment as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i remember this!!! very poignant and beautiful on many levels =) thanks for stopping and peaking in on my page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! And even more so knowing everyone around you was aiding and abetting. :-)

    Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your official hostess visit....and another chance to say thank you for being a friend.....when ARE YOU COMING HOME????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! You must have had fun involving your family in the adventure! I liked it then, I like it now!

    Thanks for visiting http://zorra5.multiply.com/journal/item/247/Picture_Perfect_-_Favorite_Past_Picture_Perfect_Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. this may be my favorite, purely for the sweet sentimentality and creativeness let alone anything else

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful!!
    No wonder it was in the top 10. I love the color tones and composition.

    Thanks for visiting mine....and yes...digital photography still has me smiling.
    http://rainyday360.multiply.com/journal/item/108/Picture_Perfect_Theme_Favorite_Photo

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOOOOW wonderful post. I used to love that song when I was a teenager.
    Thanks for your visit , have a nice weekend.

    http://ummancan.multiply.com/journal/item/168/Picture_Perfect_Favorite_of_Past_PPF

    ReplyDelete
  15. LInda this is just as endearing and heart warming as it as when I saw it the first time...truely awesome and creative not only you but the whole family being involved..wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutely beautiful work linda!
    a wonderful image, with such a mood created like a story behind, cool :)

    http://cooooooooool.multiply.com/journal/item/135/Picture_Perfect_-_Fav_Past_PP_Post

    ReplyDelete
  17. if i had to pick a winner..it wud be this....a picture that conveys all the emotions encompassing it......

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the light... and how it hits that beautiful frame.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL You went through a lot of work for this! A family effort! Wonderful shot and I loved it then and still do!

    Empress C's PP!

    ReplyDelete
  20. heehee, I remember this! :) So romantic and loving! (I did something very similar for Danny at Valentines last year.)

    It's interesting that you chose the "Song Title" photo cause that was the other one that I was thinking of using myself. Remember that photo of me and Danny on his knee?

    thanks for your visit! http://serenole.multiply.com/journal/item/144/Picture_Perfect_Favorite_Past_PP_Post_

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice and thanks for passing by this is nice in the manner that you have done it. As always I see the picture says so much without really any words. Tremendous there!

    http://initiativestain.multiply.com/journal/item/598/Picture_Perfect_Favorite_Past_Picture_Perfect_Post_

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awwwww so sweet...very good compostition too..and such a lovely couple..cant wait for you two to be together..

    ReplyDelete
  23. OH gosh...........I miss actual letters from friends and loves. Wonderful photo. Thank you for stopping by my place.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hei Linda

    WHOAA!!
    Wonderful in every way possible.

    My FAVOURITE Past PP Post is in ere.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So what happened to the other 19 envelopes?
    Of course I love this composition!! I am somewhat biased though. . .but it is one of the best ever by anyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thouht you may like o hear the song too, really wonderful and touching photo.

    ReplyDelete