Thursday, June 11, 2009

Grateful Dead ~ Ripple




Remembering...


If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine
And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung,
Would you hear my voice come thru the music,
Would you hold it near as it were your own?

Its a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken,
Perhaps theyre better left unsung.
I dont know, dont really care
Let there be songs to fill the air.

Ripple in still water,
When there is no pebble tossed,
Nor wind to blow.

Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,
If your cup is full may it be again,
Let it be known there is a fountain,
That was not made by the hands of men.

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Ripple in still water,
When there is no pebble tossed,
Nor wind to blow.

But if you fall you fall alone,
If you should stand then whos to guide you?
If I knew the way I would take you home.

La dee da da da, la da da da da, da da da, da da, da da da da da
La da da da, la da da, da da, la da da da, la da, da da

15 comments:

  1. Between you and Mickey I am Jamming this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny.... Mickey's "A Pirate Turns Forty"... got me to thinking and remembering!
    Sometimes jamming is fun!!! Your turn to post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmmmmmmm( guess it beats NO comment....rofl)
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh some buffet and dead so the gator thought back and remembered a way to have both at once so for you listening consideration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Gator... I have just about worn out my "Fruitcakes" CD....
    Have loved it from the minute I got it the year it came out!
    Don't know why... but is always guaranteed to put me in a happy mood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol you know what funny linda ive always like buffet though never considered myself a parrot head till a few years ago and realized I had more buffet than any other single performer...ive got most everything he has done through the years

    ReplyDelete
  7. and uncles johns band is one of my all time favs from the greateful dead

    ReplyDelete
  8. though now a touch of gray seems more fitting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you know that a touch of gray is very attractive? (of course, it might have been one us people with that touch of gray that made that started that rumor to begin with ~ lol)
    I've never called or considered myself a "parrot head" either but have lots of his music and love it!
    Guess it is just so laid back that one can't help but listen and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well if you were thank you for starting the rumor I'll have the penguin give you an extra hug when you two see each other next....And folks that cant enjoy and relate to Buffet have some sort of deviate personality disorder i think

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure know the way to a girl's heart!!!! Sounds good to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just can't seem to make it to any of the parties on time these days. Looks like you all had fun with good music.....(looking under the cushions for some left over snacks)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Auwww... I miss the party...=D
    Lovely song... though I've never heard of it here.

    Thanks for sharing, Linda! Stay well & happy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete