Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Face in the Glass . . .

 

 
 
 
Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter,
and those who matter don't mind.
~ Dr. Suess
 
 
 
 
The Face In The Glass!

 

When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day,
Just go to a mirror and look at yourself
And see what THAT face has to say.

For it isn't your father or mother or spouse
Whose judgment upon you must pass;
The person whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass.

Some people might think you are a straight-shootin' chum
And call you a wonderful guy or gal,
But the face in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look it straight in the eye.
That's the one you must please, never mind all the rest,
For that's the one with you clear up to the end.
And you know you have passed your most dangerous test
If the face in the glass is your friend.
You may fool the whole world down the pathway of life
And get pats on your back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you've cheated the face in the glass.

~ Dale Wimbrow ~

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope everyone is having

a week as wonderful as

mine!!!!

Just Enjoy & be true to yourself!!

11 comments:

  1. Will do my friend. Now call me when you get SERVICE!!!!! LOL I bet you are having the time of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do my best!! Great words to live by... Continue to be yourself, and have a great time wherever you've been hidden away. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm willing to bet there are least two faces looking back from that glass mirror. Looking good. Huggers 8=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like the face in the glass. I would have thought I would be used to him by now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh every time I say how I feel ...I am a magnet of ...looneys...HEEELLLPPPP.....not you dear Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always know I can be 100% me with myself and one other person in this world...you know the same....and I love that face in the mirror up there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too feel the same way John about my face in the in the glass.. Scares me to look at mine..Darn thing might fall off! Hey Linda! Good blog, and good words..

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh nice to see you are blogging again! how are you?

    the poem is beautiful and speaks volumes of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just went to have a look. No, don't like him yet. Doesn't look anything like the nice face in your mirror. Glad you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful blog dear lady...woman in the glass lookin back at me are me, mom and grandma..giggle. I see them in me. Glad to hear your having a wonderful time...didnt doubt that one..giggle...big hugs sent.

    ReplyDelete