Thursday, November 27, 2008

The wonderful world of reality....





Photobucket 
Mt Shasta

The wheels touched the runway at 25 minutes after midnight... the touchdown jarred me back into reality... I was home... in Alabama...  I didn't want to be here.  As much as I love my family, my friends, and my home... I wanted to be back in California with the other people I love. 


Cherie's root beer float...

I took my laptop from the overhead bin, the bag with the audio books and pulled my big red purse out from under the seat.  As I headed for baggage claim I thought, "Please, oh please, let my bags be first" .... "Yes, that's right... that's going to happen.... NOT!" 

 
Burney Falls 

As the conveyor belt started up a little happy voice said... "Someones bags have to be first, might as well be mine!"  And around the corner comes............ MY BAG!   Well, one of them.  It made me stop and think (even though the other bag was half way through the lot of them) how blessed I really am in so many things (silly little things like this and really big important things like the people in my life!)... my ride home from the airport was a friend that was leaving work to run me home... and than back to work ~ even carried my luggage in against my protest... (for those of you that don't know how I pack... that was a huge thing to do for me!!!)

A California sunset

Of course, the first thing I did was call Cherie!  Now all was almost right in the world...  Had to call it a night a couple of hours later as I was getting up early to go to my grandson's Thanksgiving meal at daycare (Eli is 18 months old).  I was sitting in the Chapel listening to Brother Greg.  He was talking about how life changes when you have grandchildren  (changes with your children yes, but really when you have grandchildren).  I heard the words that all the people God puts in our lives are blessings and than it hit me.... I was sad for leaving California... I had not seen enough of Cherie... didn't get to see Heather this time or meet Little Ronnie, or see Miss Susan again, would have been great to go on up and meet Wes (we talked about it at one point)... Would love to meet Teapot... just so many wonderful people and so little time, but I did have two wonderful weeks with John traveling from mid to northern California and back south again and did get to spend some time with some great people that I have come to call friends... did get some time with Cherie that was as always filled with laughter and lots of smiles... it was my third trip this year!!!  Previously I had last been in California in 1986 and had not been  back until February 2008.   The February trip has been followed by two more trips this year ~ What a blessing!  Someone loves me!!!  When I stopped feeling sorry for what wasn't and realized what was.... there were blessings all around me.  The time with these people is so precious... and I am so thankful for it!!!

My Daughter, LeAnna & her youngest son, Eli

I was sitting next to my beautiful daughter in this Chapel and she is so beautiful...  such a blessing to me.... I would spend the next 36 hours with her, my son-in-law and their two beautiful sons...  Could life get any better than this? Well, maybe it was a sign it was still good and getting better when my oldest granddaughter (Arianna ~ 4 years old.. about to be 5) called this morning and said, "I love you, Nanna ~ Happy Thanksgiving"   We plan on getting together the next couple of days so that means time with my Son, his wife and their two girls (more good times.... but will have to switch from playing cars, trucks and ball to princess' and tea parties).  Talked to my Mom and my sisters ....a beautiful Thanksgiving for sure... And at one point today... going to have Root beer floats with two of the people I love so much even though we may be 2400 miles apart..

John & I in Northern California

Went into work last night.... and realized how lucky I was to not be the patient... to be the nurse... what a blessing to be able to make someone just a little more comfortable before heading for home this morning.  One of the nicest things of all about that place is the people I work with... they are the best! Guess not everyone can say that!

The Wonderful friends John so graciously shares

I thank God for this life, for my family, my friends... for each of you here who are always there even with I disappear for work, trips etc... you are always here with smiles, kind words... biggest hugs....

John in the snow as we tried to make it to Glass Mt.

May each of you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving and be as blessed in the days ahead as I am....
  
John & I found this gator....
Call it "Gator under glass"


32 comments:

  1. geee Linda now the Gator is misty eyed and yeah the blessing we receive and over look sometimes till we look around and remember ..and the gator is so cute ..im touched and honored ..cant wait till we all get a chance to meet face to face as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful song and inspiring blog! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that will be a blessing.... don't forget the Spring get together is suppose to be on my week off!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. most def give me the weekend you are going to be off the first part of april

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Ranikaye for visiting & being so patient with me ~ hope to do some visiting this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. linda the music player youre using is it available online like hypster and imeem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Plain and simple....I thank God every day for bringing you to my life. You are loved...don't ever forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know you are going to mak me cry all over my page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. tears of love linda at least they are joyous

    ReplyDelete
  10. hugs ladies ..the gator is off to the deep end of the swamp fer his nightly sleep cycle

    ReplyDelete
  11. May your dreams be the best.... Hope your Thanksgiving was nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good night gator...enjoy that place where dreams are the reality.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my dear lady...you are so very special...was so tempted to snag and save the photo of you and John..didnt...wont unless you say I can...the two most precious people on my page along with the others..tops on that list you two..Jan 5th will see my Sweetness..finally..sigh..Hopefully a trip to Oregon is in my future too..Love to both of you...

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a wonderful expression of love... I have been lucky to have met some wonderful people here, and some I have met in real life... I would give anything to meet with you and John... Cherie I plan on meeting in July. Hopefully I can meet with John as well (someone else will hopefully be with me). Even though we haven't met, and don't really interact that much, you are a special woman in my little world, who provides me with inspiration and optimism, and the world is that much better with you in it...

    Thank you Linda... simply for being you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We should still be up north, still so many things to see and feel. We might even convince Caveman to come up and visit if we give him first choice of caves, I think one of the ice caves so his beer stays cold. Missing you with smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda, I want to thank YOU... for reminding me that sometimes the true blessings in my life are overlooked in the bustle of the day. The people I've come to know and love from this site are precious to me, and although sometimes I get wrapped up in my own life, every one of you touches me deeply. I hope that we can meet during the spring shoot--that will be a fun one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome and touching post!!! Nicegirlnurse below me said it so well..I hope she or you won't mind my echoing her sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks Linda for sharing a important gift that you have..that is showing each of us ..that we are blessed and should be loved..I make a big sigghh for you when you leave to..knows how you feel..life is so confusing to me and a big flopping mess..but..love will conquer everything...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. You couldn't have said it better... I agree with the so much confusing stuff and the mess... but love (from God, friends, family and other people) make the world around us bright!!! Gosh, I am so glad our pathways met up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You don't know how much I needed to hear this.... I worry so that my work, family, traveling and getting ready for it takes me away from checking on everyone here and spending as much time as I would like... Thank you so much!!!! Did I mention how special you are?? This is just a fine example!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Am so counting on it and you are one of the big reasons.... am so excited about Luxy, Vanessa, Gator... You are right this will be a fun one for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Think I can speak for both of us on this one!! Just so happy to see you around here now!!! Still trying to get over to your page and catch up... a hint of some wonderful stuff in your life too!!! Have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Now this is a day on my calender that needs to be a red letter day!!! So so happy for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have a great weekend, Linda. Sounds like it's going to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great write, wonderful read. In some ways, I felt like I have been on this journey. Tis a journey well worth the miles going here, there, and where we all want to be. I know your journey hasn't ended yet, and mine has yet to really begin, though spme miles have been made. Every sunrise gives a wonderful sunset just so you can awake to more sunrises and smile upon life, and for you, Linda, you have many reasons for many smiles. Huggers, Bill

    ReplyDelete
  26. keep coming back fer the music linda this is so uplifting

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sure do!!! Have heard it said that it is not all just about the destination.... the journey is to be enjoyed every step of the way.... How I hope my journey doesn't end... but I am enjoying the journey so much.... How happy I am for you for your beginning... it makes a difference in the way you view the world and everything in it... How happy I am to have connected to you.... and how much I look forward to meeting you one day, Bill... hoping it is soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How good to see you ,Neil.... We both have been so busy... just goes to show you that time and distance still bring so many smiles. Yes, good weekend as it is full of some very good memories that promise to bring many more. How I wish the same for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This blog just makes my heart melt.. You are so blessed..All I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  30. A very precious lady indeed...biggest hugs a cat can give dear lady..smilin' through tears..but still smilin..lookin forward to that redletter day..

    ReplyDelete