Friday, July 11, 2008

Picnic at Piedmont Park with Frannie & Russ. . .

 
 

All Pictures should enlarge by clicking!

 

Wednesday, we drove to Atlanta, Georgia to meet  for a picnic at Piedmont Park.....  

 

 

Frannie and Russ drove from South Carolina and I from Alabama.  Meeting strangers ~ not at all!  Had I not already felt like they were friends I would have the minute we got out of our cars and hugged.  It wasn't like meeting someone for the first time at all!!!

 

 

It will come as no surprise to anyone who knows Frannie that they were both just the most wonderful people to be around.  We meant at Willy's and went right next door to the park for a picnic.  Yes, Frannie cooked.  Well, if you envied me for getting to meet them ~ I know you envy me now!!!!   No wonder ~ Take a look:

 

Chicken Salad to die for!

 

Strawberries, Watermelon, and Grapes

 

Several cheese spreads and a variety of crackers

 

Even had California Ry Krisp (Thank you, JohnOh)

 

And the now famous Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies!!!

 

We soon had an audience!!!  I mean even before Frannie had the spread laid out!!! We had to be the most popular people in the park (and it was a big park!)

 

They came down trees. . .

 

They were sneaking through the grass. . .

 

They brought friends. . .

 

And relations. . .

 

And more friends. . . 

(Frannie took more pictures than I did so be sure and check out her picture page!!!)

 

We found out they were after one thing ~ Frannie's Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies!  (And on my third helping of the chicken salad I was glad it wasn't the chicken salad!!!)  But they were smart little rascals ~ they tried to throw us off guard by munching up grapes and strawberries and crackers!!!!

 

one of many grape eaters!

 

And the crackers were very popular until. . .

The first attempt for the cookies was just 12 -18 inches away from me (at one point one fellow even got brave enough to came up and touch the hand I was using to prop myself up ~ he wanted to see if it had food in it!)  At first he was a little greedy and tried to pull the whole tupperware bowl of cookies with him!  He probably could have done it!  He was moving it!!!  But. . . as I reached for my camera he was thinking I was up to no good and he ran!!!  We knew he would be back....   And just to make sure I got my picture ~ Frannie baited him ~ she loosened the lid on the cookies so they could smell them!!!!! Well from my PP post you know what happened next. 

 

As he started to drag the bowl ~ the cover came off because of it being loosened!!!

 

He inched toward the treats. . .

 

He grabbed and took a quick bite ~ He couldn't wait!

 

before he ran off with it.... (but than he just had to stop and have another bite!!!)

 

I looked around and more of his buddies were chomping away!

 

Everywhere I looked  there was a squirrel with a chocolate chip cookie!

 

 

Everywhere. . .     I didn't know what was going on. . .

 

Frannie was feeling sorry for the guys that didn't have one and was giving out pieces of Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies!!!!

 

There were at least 8 squirrels all around us eating Cookies ~ They were happy picnickers!

 

The chocolate chip chocolate cookies were in honor of JohnOh!  When I saw this happening I shouted out "STOP" ~ Those are John's Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cookies!!!!

We laughed and talked about so much ~ so many friends we wished were there!!!  And made a verbal list of all those people we want to get together with in person!  We kept our eyes out all day long for Picture Perfect "P"  ~ I Spy Something with my little eye things. . .

 

So Maybe this picture of the "potty" won't surprise you too much!!!

 

 

We talked for hours ~ to each other ~ to people passing by with dogs. . .

 

It was just the most comfortable ~ laid back afternoon. . .

 

5 hours and I could have visited for hours more!

These people were so wonderful to be around!

 

We started to walk around the lake. . .

 

Even as we walked the conversation & the people we ran into were a pleasure!

 

As the sun was setting  and it was time to leave we talked about our next adventure!!!

A fishing trip!!!!!

 

As we walked back toward the car ~ Frannie and Russ were talking ~ I spied this spot.

Daydreaming for a moment I knew just who I wanted to share a quiet moment with here!

 

A wonderful day ~ not an end ~ a beginning! Goodbyes only till we pack our fishing gear!

 

 

*All pictures enlarge by clicking on them  

 so you can see the chocolate chip chocolate cookies better!!!

16 comments:

  1. A Great Big Thank you to you, Frannie especially for all the good food!!! Have already had people ask me for the recipe soooooo, get ready to give them out!!!! Thank you both for the good company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a fantastic blog on love and friendship God's way. When is the next one, I will need an early start and hitchhike, LOL. Beautiful pictures and the smiles priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need, Mitch, we will pick you up!!! You on a fishing trip of friends ~ NOW THAT IS PRICELESS AND PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a giggle I had whilst reading this and you finding the chocolate chip cookies everywhere. Wish I had been there too. You guys must have had an amazing day. Three wonderful people meeting each other and spending hours chatting and eating Frannie's food. Way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh Linda what fun!!! Such great pictures too..those squirrels are hilarious! Am so glad you got to meet up..and that ole park bench..sighs :)

    much love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww Frannie and her big heart.....giving away John's cookies...He's lucky you were there and had your priorities in order....Lucky Russ surrounded with beautiful ladies and yummy food.

    You've told the story so well with your photos and words Linda.....making us all feel as if we were there. It would make a great children's book.

    That's a gorgeous picture of you and Frannie....You could pass for spring chicks.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading about you guys all meeting each other!! Sounded like a wonderful day! Makes me wish I was there with you guys =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah now see, this blog was worth the wait... Linda we did have a fantastic time! Your right about one thing we weren't strangers. I think your pics are much better than mine. You caught the whole day, the food, the animals, the park, the picnic, but most of all the time with each other. How we wished so many of our friends were with us. Hugs my friend. I'll get Russ over here to read this blog, it will warm his heart. Until next time, fishing poles and all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please send me a copy of the last pic of you and I... Your beautiful inside and out.. Hey ya'll Linda has a heart of Gold and it shows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh and of course the first one too!!! LOL This is nice coming back. I feel like were visiting again. Hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a wonderful day. Very special to meet friends that we feel we know so well already. I am glad you got that opportunity! I too would be stealing chocolate chip cookies of I were a squirrel I would probably steal them if I weren't a squirrel too!!!! I love the last photo of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfectly beautiful day!!! And no better way to spend it than with dear friends........ those squirrels must be used to people feeding them, to come around so close!!! And I guess that answers my question from yesterday on your blog.........(as to how you managed to get that picture--- ) LOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful photo blog story!! I wonder if the park would have been big enought to fit everyone who wishes they had been there?? And a more important question, would Frannie be able to bake that many Double Fudge Chocolate Chip Chololate cookies!!???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey John if that's he way to get everyone there, I'd do it... But I may have to delegate some of the baking... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is kind to feed all the squirrels her chocolate chip cookies !! I am so glad you met and enjoyed each others company Linda !! You can tell that you all had a great time !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh this is the best blog I have read in a loooooooooooong time!! Great pictures, and captions.. Just great!! Thanks Linda..Thanks for sharing with all of us here you're wonderful day

    ReplyDelete