Monday, July 7, 2008

Living Life To The Fullest...

 

 

 

 

Living Life to the Fullest

 

........................................by Cindy Cortez
 
 

 

 

We often hear the saying “Live Life to the Fullest”, Well, you're lucky enough if you reach the age of fifty or one hundred, but only a few people see the beauty of this earth that someone would rather end their life  which is, in my own opinion,  stupid and very cowardice. There's a golden rule in life and that is: Be happy. How are you going to be happy? That's a very simple question and the answer: Do what makes you happy and be with the one who makes you happy. People who live life to the fullest are the following.

 

 1.  People Who Follow Their Dreams

  Stop giving someone the right to command you on what you have to do.  (Well, exceptions, of course your chores which are your responsibilities ^_^)  Do what your really love, fight for your goal, at least when you would have to die the next day, then you can be proud of what you did with your life.  Those who do not follow their dreams are unhappy people who think life is a big sacrifice or a torture and what would they say to St. Peter if they meet in heaven, it would be just like this: 

St. Peter: How's your life on earth?

Man01: Well, it's okay, I guess I studied and have a lot of medals from school
, I have to give up my dream as a writer and I took Business instead.  It's a big pain in the ass actually; I mean not doing what I really want. And also, I married a woman my Mom wanted for me, we fought most of the time because she knows I still love my last girlfriend who also is married, I haven't fought for her and I'm think I'm just so stupid. So now, it's not okay, it's terrible.

St. Peter: So you take life seriously, huh?

Man01: I guess so.

St. Peter: You're right, you're really stupid.

See? And what would happen if you have followed your heart?

St. Peter: What's up?

Man02: Are you St. Peter? (laugh)

St. Peter: What do you think?

Man02: You look like him! Anyway, am I already in heaven?

St. Peter: Absolutely, but before I let you enter, I must ask you a question.

Man02: Alright.

St. Peter: How's your life on earth?

Man02: I don't know, but I'm sure it has been wonderful.

St. Peter: Why do you say so contented?

Man02:  I've been a fisherman and I follow my dream to be a businessman, though my friends thought that I've been dreaming a big dream but I don't listen to them of course. In the end, after all my hardships, I have reached it, my family have been very supportive and I married the woman of my dreams. I couldn't ask for more. No word can even describe it. And also-

St. Peter: Alright, you may enter.

 

2.  People Who Love People Other Than Themselves

Now this is important because no man is an island. Living in a lovely world is not a happy way of living. You have to socialize, you have to share. Remember, that we only have each other and we are a big family. Having someone (it doesn't matter what relationship you have) by your side is a treasure to be kept. And more family/ friends mean more memories, more life.

 

 

3.  People Who Don't Care What Other People Think

Enough said.

 

 

4.  People Who Think that the Whole World is Made for Them

Travel.  Don't lose the chance to visit your own home.

 

5.  People Who Know How to Laugh

Remember, you're here to be happy so if problems come your way, you're strong enough to solve them out and laugh them away. And besides laughing would makes you younger and alive. It would keep you from bad spirits (not literally). This doesn't mean that you can laugh at others mistakes or whatsoever, I mean, just laugh with life, it would even makes you witty. Laughing is one of the best-est beauty tips to look young.

Try This

Make a list of the things you want to accomplish in your life time. List as many as you can and mark it, if even it's done. It would make your life meaningful and productive.

Just remember, don't take life seriously.

15 comments:

  1. I agree with the laughter part , it's the best medicine. It's kind of hard for a lot of people to do lately with families and everything so expensive , but I suppose you just have to keep on going . Very good blog Linda , liked reading it all and the music goes well with it too !! Have a great day !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sharon, I agree with the cost of things and the day to day problems most people come across it is difficult sometimes to maintain that smile and that laughter but it is worth the effort because as you said it is the best medicine! Thank you so much for your comment ~ even made me think more! Have a good evening (Is your brother still visiting?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting the paper out and my journal called possibilities.....it needs dusting off and updating. You're the best friend....when do we get to mark off the one where you come home to stay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get your pen out, Cherie ~ I am marking the days myself and preparing in small ways ~ Will be the neatest thing to mark off my list!!!! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep....well the second neatest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, we were thinking along the same lines, I see. Appreciate the good in life... live life to the fullest and laugh. I'm trying to laugh more... or at the very least smile : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking smiling is very good medicine also, Tint! It feels good anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. excellent topic and a great blog linda ..ive been relaxing and listening to the music and its great

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Gary ~ like Los Lonely Boys ~ glad to hear you're relaxing ~ Hope you are doing well!!!
    Is the storm out there effecting your weather much yet? Guess when it does ~ you really know it on the boat!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And it's free : ) I like 'free' ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh a plus I didn't think about !!!! You are so right!!! I like free too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi dear linda!
    what a fine blog!
    i should say, that following those wise rules..is to take life seriously :)
    it's to make it your own in stead of wasting it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm finding a pen to make my list =) I really need to work on some things. Thnk you Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amalie, I have to agree with you ~ maybe it means to not take yourself too seriously but you are right every minute of life is a precious gift and not to be wasted ~ to live to the fullest is the key! Love the most, live the best you can ~ give it everything you have and enjoy everything you have!!!

    LOL ~ Vanessa ~ we are all with you ~ we all have things we need to work on ~ I start everyday ~ who knows when I will get it right! Know one thing ~ I sure do feel blessed with this far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such very true words Linda and ever so wise. I am also guilty of some of these things. Thanks ever so for your wonderful words.

    ReplyDelete