Monday, July 14, 2008

Family Love . . .

 
Sister Sledge ~ We are Family

 

Photobucket

  

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,

it keeps no record of wrongs.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

 

    8 Love never fails.

~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

 

Family love....
Family being those we are biologically related to
and those we are related to by heart and choice...
 
 
 
It starts the minute we are born (maybe before we are born) 
the love which would be so difficult to live without.
(I know it does not happen for everyone ~ that truly breaks my
 heart ~ but for many of us the love is there.  I know in my family
it happened. Seems to be passed down from generation to
 generation).   Of course, not all is always sunshine and roses...
  at a very early age there is the, "Mama, she took my toy" and
 the "Mama, he hit me" but the love is there just the same. It was
 there when we were saying our prayers together at night.
It was and is there now with the hugs that comfort you when you
 cry or when you hurt. The love is there watching each other
 complete a goal we have started.... the pride and love that is
 shown ... the encouragement that is given to get us to
the goal!!!  All things that make this a wonderful life.
 
When something wonderful happens in your life .....  
the first people you want to share it with are those you love ~
 your family and your family of friends! When things are not going
 so well as they sometimes will do ~ who is there for you ~ who
 can you depend on for love and support....  
yes, that family and family of friends.
 
My mother tucked me in at night, she fixed the scraped places 
on my knees and calmed away my fears ~ she also spanked me
 when I needed it!  And now, many years later, who is still picking
me up when I fall or calming away my fears?............. yes, Mama.
  She has a big network now (bet she is glad ~ took a lot of work
 off her).  That network is made up of sisters, my children,
other family, my family of friends, my co-worker friends, 
those  people that seem to touch my life
so often and in so many ways. 
 
 
I use to tell my children that no matter what happened to them
 out in the world when they walked through the door at home ~
 those people inside loved them no matter what!  They might not
 always like how they act or react to something but they love
 them no matter what...  The same is still true today.  They know
 they are loved unconditionally. They know they can call anytime
 of the day or night.   Even though I work at night I don't turn my
 phone off in the day time to sleep just in case they need me. 
They are there for me too. Family does that. 
 
 
The love, the caring, the encouragement and belief in you.....
 
Why would you ever need any more than that?

Photobucket

 

 

WISHING MY MULTIPLY FAMILY  A

 WONDERFUL WEEK ~

 TIME SPENT WITH THOSE YOU LOVE ~

 BY PHONE, BY CAR, BY TRAIN OR PLANE,

 IN HEART, IN PERSON ~ JUST DO IT

START WITH A HUG... 

AND SEE IF IT ISN'T A GREAT WEEK!!!

 

12 comments:

  1. Such lovely sentiments Linda, and an amazing blog. Hugs and love xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful I needed to read this today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda this is beautiful, and I feel blessed to be a part. ((((Hugs)))) You have a heart of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got an ouchy.....I know where to got to get the bandaid....beautifully written Linda. I wish you would write more often...and I'm glad you didn't find someone else to quote this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got an ouchy.....I know where to got to get the bandaid....beautifully written Linda. I wish you would write more often...and I'm glad you didn't find someone else to quote this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs. Before the womb HE said, He knew us then. Yes a beautiful blog and heart you have, Sending you that love right now. Am proud to be your friend....very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! And so very true!! I grew up in a loving family.....and have tried to pass that on to my children....and my dear friends. Friends like you!!! I am honored that you consider me a friend!! Hope you have a wonderful week also....... God Bless... ♥(((HUGS)))♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. huggggggzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I'm glad I got to be part of your family Linda. I can't imagine life without you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Off all the people on multiply ..you are the sweetest ...trust me

    ReplyDelete
  10. We should all be so lucky !!! Lovely blog Linda and beautiful family !!!!

    ReplyDelete