Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Green Thumb of Beauty

 
 

 

 

 

Gardening fever is upon us.  It seems as

though everyone is a gardener, even if they

live in a big city apartment.  Even if they have

eleven green thumbs.  Even if they wouldn't

pull weeds for a million dollars.  Even if they

don't know  the difference between a spade

and a rake.  Even if they hate vegetables and

bugs, are allergic to bees, or have spring allergies.

Suddenly everyone is a gardening maniac.

 

Well there are certain things anyone can

plant ~ sweet P's in a straight row, for

instance: prayer, patience, peace, passion.

But it's not enough for a gardener to love

flowers.  A gardener also must hate weeds.  As

good plants grow, you pinch off bitter ones

like panic, paranoia, passivity.  And by the

way, while gardening, do squash pride.  And

please, lettuce love one another at all times.

 

Begin now to cultivate your half-acre of

love.  All it takes is a few seeds no larger than

grains of sand.  The blossom of a good deed

fades with time but that lasting perfume is

the joy you receive from doing it.

~Barbara Johnson

 

 

Photobucket

 

"Bloom where you're planted"

and enjoy your week!!!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Struggling to bloom right now in this heat but I am getting a few growth spurts in here and there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a refreshing gardening blog! Nice garden photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a garden once...lost it in the fire. (Divorce :-D) Would really love to grow one again one day. I do have an herb garden though... does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez I wish my garden looked like the one up there....I have found though if I look closely there are still vegetables growing among the weeds....and if I pull a few weeds out each day dillegently soon the plants are growing and blooming. Just as in life it seems we have to keep a watchful eye and faithful heart or the problems will overtake us until we cant see the blessings among them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have a garden......but they take time I don't have. My own personal garden I am working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful garden blog. Thank you Linda for sharing yours and God Bless...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing works better than feeling embraced and loved by God, our Creator :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blog my friend.....since I can't have a vegetable or flower garden where we live......i have to work on my "personal garden"...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need this - a great reminder. Thank you so much, Linda. My parents and my sister like to garden and I enjoy taking the picture... he he he... I don't have the right thumb. :-P
    Thanks also for checking on me - I was absent for couple of weeks sick and this and that but now I'm back. :-)
    Glad to be here again... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Working on mine a few hours a week, since most everything has been planted. Doing the now and then look-see for weeds which are becoming less and less.

    As to my own personal garden ... "one day at a time". 8=)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does take vision and commitment to really make a garden work.

    ReplyDelete