Sunday, May 4, 2008

Thankful

 

 

 

Let's be thankful! Thankful for plenty ~

plenty and more ~ of things to eat and

wear, of shelter and warmth; of beauty. 

Plenty of things that money can't buy,

such as tenderness and inspiration

and revelation and insight.

 

Thankful for family ~ family with

individual personalities, gifts, needs,

and dreams, each such a gift ~

all feeding into what we are and

what we will become. 

 

Thankful for friends ~ for stimulating,

vivacious, provoking, comforting,

disturbing, encouraging, agitating,

blessing, loving, warming,

forgiving friends.

 

And thankful for the courage to go

on trusting people, risking love,

daring to believe in what could be,

all because of the confirming

experience of daily trusting God

and finding him utterly trustworthy.

~Gloria Gaither

 

 

Am I thankful?   Yes, thankful for all of the above.  What do I need?  I have all that I need.  If I didn't owe on my house, I would owe nothing other than tags on the car when they are due and insurance.....  So I have lots of money..... NO, but do I need lots of money.... NO.

I live in a beautiful world.  I even love my back yard (and it needs help ~ lol ~ well, grooming, as far as back yards go).  Nature always touches my heart.  Water, be it oceans or streams, rain or puddles.... it glissens and shines and washes the world anew ~ I love it and there is plenty around for me to enjoy!   So many different places with their own special beauty and all out there for us... for me.  Creatures ~ large and small ~ horses, rabbits, birds.... so many amazing creatures to observe and enjoy!

People... I have the best of people in my life.  My family ~ I am loved so much (haven't figured this one out as they know me so well and think I can do no wrong ~ hmmm, could be love is blind), and friends...my goodness, the best!  Work with some of the most wonderful girls you would ever want to meet and what a team ~ couldn't ask for more.   There are so many wonderful people out there.  We hear about them everyday ~ we pass them on the street.  We visit with them on our computers and stand in line with them at the grocery store.

Yes, I'm thankful,

for all of this....    for love

It is the most important thing in the world.

Our love for each other, God's love for us.

So what do I need? I don't need anything! God has given me all I need!

 

Bet He has you too!

 

Photobucket

Something you need?

Think about it

(something you need

or is it something you want?)

Look around you !!!

Enjoy

And have a good week!!!

 

12 comments:

  1. ROFL ~ I might have not thought this thing out completely ~ I didn't consider baths ~ lol.
    Thank you for your visit and thank you for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL ~ I might have not thought this thing out completely ~ I didn't consider baths ~ lol.
    Thank you for your visit and thank you for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twas an invigorating post, enjoyed this very much. I sometimes think if we have the things we have to have, then all the wants and needs will follow. Huggers 8=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is only one thing I need at this moment...it seems just out of reach, but I can feel it around the bend...I know it's (pronounced she's) out there, close. Almost close enough to touch, but my fingers can't quite grasp...working on that, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! :-) And as an after thought I need to get my kids to school! Have a great week Linda and thank you for reminding us about what really matters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put my wallet away every week and see how long I can do without it. So long as I've planned things, I can manage perfectly well without more money than I need for esentials.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I commented from the computer on my cell phone and it didnt post darn....now it's sort of redundant...but in any case what I said was I have it all...including someone who will stay up knowing I'm tired and alone...just to make sure I get home safely....yeah....I'd say I have everything I need and more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the other hand, Linda, I don't need anything else (I'm bathed and fragrant now). You're quite right of course and I'm one of the worst (or so I'm told) at wearing clothes for years and letting various fashions pass me by. And I was struck last week by an article in my newspaper showing photos of the weekly food intake of various families. Of course the family of five in India had less food in a week than I eat for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most of us need to be reminded once in a while. Thanks for posting and refocusing, a big difference between needs and wants.
    Wonderful read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so true linda! and so important to be reminded of, too often we take these things for granted!

    ReplyDelete