Thursday, September 17, 2009

Triple Play # 5 ~ California Dreamin'

 
TRIPLE PLAY # 5
 
 
To join in the fun or view other Triple Plays
Click on our cute little Gator below:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As the last leaf is about to fall I'll be:
 
Dreamin'
 
of boarding planes heading West;
driving along the coast highway;
angry waves shooting high into the air.
 
 
Dreamin'
 
of wind blowing through our hair;
looking up at the most wonderful smile;
feeling your arms wrapped tightly around me.
 
Dreamin'
 
of good dinners with friends;
the mist of beautiful water falls;
searches for heart shaped rocks.
 
Dreamin'
 
of camping near caves,
looking up to the stars,
finding your lips in the night.
 
Dreamin'
 
of Sooner
 
 
 
 
 
California Dreamin'
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
California Dreamin'
                                                            by The Mamas & Papas
 
 
 
All the leaves are brown
And the sky is gray
I've been for a walk
On a winter's day

I'd be safe and warm
If I was in L.A.
California dreamin'
On such a winter's day

Stopped into a church
I passed along the way
Oh, I got down on my knees
And I pretend to pray

You know the preacher likes the cold
He knows I'm gonna stay
California dreamin'
On such a winter's day

All the leaves are brown
And the sky is gray
I've been for a walk
On a winter's day

If I didnt tell her
I could leave today
California dreamin'
On such a winter's day

(California dreamin')
On such a winter's day
(California dreamin')
On such a winter's day

 
 
 
 

21 comments:

  1. California is dreamin' of sooner too.....please hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heart felt with an emotion of longing and memory ..linda this ios one of my favs from the Mamas and Papas your words poignant and the single and just the single branch with just a cpl of leaves seems to echo the loneliness felt...nice job here linda

    Gators Triple Play

    ReplyDelete
  3. linda i LOVE this and what is most incredible is that i had intended to go to youtube and listen to this very song!
    love your words, love the pic, what a great job! i'm listening to the song for the third time straight lol
    http://crazykk.multiply.com/journal/item/330/Gators_Triple_Play_5_Insensitive

    ReplyDelete
  4. yessssssssssssssss......grins and laughs


    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!!! can i come with you? can i? can i? i promise to behave ^+^

    ReplyDelete
  6. btw, the poem is almost lyrical, i thought it's another song. very nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful...and um I have a heart shaped rock...naturally shaped too..giggle..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Linda! I'm dreamin' of so much as well. They'll happen with patience and love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, what a beautiful shot Linda, wonderful light on that leaf and DOF. Your poem is very touching, I hope your dream comes true very, very soon. Love that song, one of my all time favs....

    http://miadelight.multiply.com/journal/item/516/Gators_Triple_Ply_5_-_Soaring

    ReplyDelete
  10. A favorite classic song of mine! I'm going to sit here and listen with my coffee. Wonderful poem and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my favorite songs Linda and your words and picture compliment it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, all fits and flows so well together. Soon, very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so true. Our trees are finally turning. *sigh* I'm not ready for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very awesome Linda... I loved the whole thing. Your picture is beautiful. And even better yet, just in time for fall....LOL... This is my 1st few days back to multiply after searching for something, but I found what I was searching for... all my wonderful friends here.... Stop by if you get a chance...
    Hugs and Friendship, lilangelwolf
    http://lilangelwolf.multiply.com/journal/item/425/Gators_Triple_Play_5

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful post Linda, it warms my heart. I sit here smiling. :-) For your sake I hope the last leaf will fall soon!
    Hugs from Holland (where all the leafs are still firmly attached to the trees I'm afraid to say...., but in due course they will fall and we will both be on our way!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've got such a huge grin on my face Linda! I love this song, and your poem and gorgeous fall photo have rounded it into a great triple play! Love it love it love it. :)
    Thanks for calling by mine, too. :)
    http://mousepotato66.multiply.com/journal/item/326/Gators_Triple_Play_Pumpkin_Soup

    ReplyDelete