Saturday, July 18, 2009

"In Heat" or "In Love" ?????

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I'm not sure I can always tell love from passion. One father said of
his teenaged son, "I don't know if he's in love or in heat!" What
teenager would know? Besides, feelings of attraction
can change more quickly than a pouty expression.

But love, in its truest form, is greater than feelings.
 It is as much a decision as it is a feeling.

Love is what Mr. and Mrs. Strauss shared. Mrs. Isadore Strauss was one
of the few first class women passengers to go down with the Titanic in
1912, and she drowned because she could not bear to leave her husband.

They remained calm throughout the excitement of the sinking vessel.
They both aided frightened women and children to find places aboard
lifeboats. Finally, Mr. Strauss, who had repeatedly urged his wife to
claim a spot safely aboard a lifeboat, forced her to enter one.

She was seated but a moment, however, when she sprang up and climbed
back on deck before he could stop her. There, she caught his arm,
snuggling it familiarly against her side, and exclaimed, "We have been
long together for a great many years. We are old now.
Where you go, I will go."

Where you go, I will go. It is a decision to be together, come what
may. I suspect she said something like that to him many times before.
Maybe the words she used were different, but the meaning was the same.
I want to be with you. Let's do this together.

Where you go, I will go. It's a decision to love. It is deciding to be
there, wherever "there" may be. It is a decision to sacrifice, if
sacrifice is needed. And it is choosing to re-decide it all over again
tomorrow and the next day and the next.

As the ship sank beneath icy water on that cold and dark, April night,
the Strausses merely re-made a decision they had made many times
before throughout their life together. They decided on each other.

Where you go, I will go. At the heart of true love is often a
decision, made again and again, to face the next day together …
hand in hand.

 


~True Love~
by Steve Goodier
 from "Your Life Support"
 
 
 
 
 

 




 

 

WISHING EVERYONE

A GREAT WEEKEND

AND

A WONDERFUL WEEK AHEAD!!!!

 

30 comments:

  1. A friend of mine told me once she'd mistaken lust for love.

    Her comment?

    "It was great!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My opinion is..... the two together are out of this world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, Chuck... it touched me too ~ that is why I shared! What a wonderful feeling.. what a wonderful choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a reminder that as hard as things may seem now, I've made that choice... as has another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're one in a million... you really are!!! I'm so glad to call you friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made the choice too...will make it again..where you go, I go. Will always make that same decision over and over again..giggle..love is grand.
    Wonderful post dear lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some times it feels like I make it daily, but I never regret it for one second. So what if things now are not what they used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the one thing we can count on ~ change! I'm sure he doesn't regret it for one second either because that is a decision made by two! I'm so happy for you ~ there are many who never find that ~ it is a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you put that so beatifully...just makes me think of so many things right now..TY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Miss Lavender....I truly wish I could take credit for the writing.... it was written by Steve Goodier. I frequently post his writings.... just in case someone missed reading his "Your Life Support" for they are all pretty wonderful! Thank you so much for visiting! I hope you will again! I'll have to check out your page when the weekend is over....but must get some sleep now as I am working this weekend! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have made the choice before to leave home and family in NJ to come and live my dream life with Bernie here in Michigan.... now he is gone, but I am ready to love again, ready to leave my home again and move to NC.... love is powerful and binding, and to go foward together, to grow old together, to lean on and support each other, while building love is better than anything else.... love counts.... great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Monica.... I am so happy for you both...I am thinking what a great choice you made.... and my Mama always said, "The nicest people in the world live in NC."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post my dear friend!! Very special!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks Linda..... hope you come through sometime... or we'll all meet at Frannnie's or Luxy's.... lol...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look whose talking!! lol... thank you, Monica... I know I have read it several times and it touches me each time I read it. I think it can be about any love... not just a man and a woman... it can be about a child... we love them sometimes when we don't think we like them at the moment ~ lol.... but isn't that true of most loves!

    ReplyDelete
  16. MO, when you are in NC... you can count on one of these days we will see each other!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your all special people..Love is truly what makes the world go round..

    ReplyDelete
  18. It has always been a difficult decision for me personally and one I find myself weighing every day. But you have the same decision to make also....LOL. I know I'm very cheeky.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Leaves one in awe of such a love. . .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bout time you got here to comment on such a lovely blog.....LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love is the mechanism that keeps the most downtrodden moving forward, even when everything else seems at its darkest.

    I live because I love... and I love so I may live...

    ReplyDelete
  22. A minute.....a lifetime of minutes....it won't always be perfect but if it's love it will always be love.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i am not in the right frame of mind to define what love is. but i know love when i see one.
    just do it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very beautiful Linda, yes we walk together in Love!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love is the greatest emotion a human can feel... And you're right, we are the one who made the decision to make it either wonderful or painful...

    Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post, Linda!
    Have a great weekend & big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have to applaud you on your blog Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cherie, my thought upon reading this, instantaneously?

    "You jump, I jump, Jack."

    Did it come to you, too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes it was my first thought too Kippy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A beautiful and touching story about that couple! I'm sure they must've had a wonderful life together.
    I see you've got yourself a new dolphin profile! Lovely! It's as if it's saying hello to us.

    ReplyDelete