Monday, July 26, 2010

Just to share....

 
Claude Monet painted "Cliff Walk at Pourville" in 1885





Was looking up the correct title and author of a book this morning and came across this video of the author  speaking.... I immediately thought of all my friend Cherie and our other creative friends here who are such good writers, singers, photographers, artist....  and wanted to share it.  Yes. the video is a little over 19 minutes so I realize it would take someone very serious in their creative genius to take the time to listen.... and someone very interested in their creative genus is just the reason I posted it...  If just one creative person (writer, singer, artist, etc.) reads and takes something with them, I will be happy.
To anyone who has stopped... "Good Day"  I hope the day is or has been a pleasant one for you!





"EAT LOVE PRAY" by Elizabeth Gilbert

Here is her talk on "Creativity" at the 2009 TED Conference:
(for those who can't see the video, please copy and paste the link below - Thanks, Amalie)
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html


8 comments:

  1. I'll have to watch it when I get home tonight. Can't view video's at work. :)

    Hope you are doing well Linda!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to the entire video. I particularly liked her stories of the VA poet, Tom Waites and the African dancer...Though not a professional in any way, I could relate to everything she spoke of...she is a very encouraging lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear....understand and concede. and I will "dance" anyhow....."Ole' ...."

    You are the best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ole', hhmmm I think I do that already..giggle..Ole' puurrrrrrrr. The video was marvelous just like you..thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry, i can't see it.
    anyhow, i was glad to see a blog from you again, linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. inspirational to say the least.... excellent post Linda....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cliff walk how inspirational and beautiful, Monet's paintings are for me.
    Thank you Linda this was a very inspiring and interesting delivery by a writer I had not heard of before.
    She certainly has it right I feel with her view here about highly creative people.
    Thank You for sharing this wonderful video with everyone here, I personally, enjoyed it immensely.

    ReplyDelete