Saturday, August 15, 2009

Stand By Me....

I received this in an email today... so glad I followed the link... it only takes a minute to listen and it is so enjoyable!  Know there are times we all want to sing, "Stand By Me"....
I know I just may go listen again!


Below is a link to one of the best pieces of sound engineering work I think I have ever seen. It is a composite audio/video of song whereby additional tracks were laid in by different singers and musicians from different places around the world. The finished product is tremendous!


The song itself is that classic standard "Stand By Me" originally released in 1955 by The Staple Singers and released again in 1961 by the Drifters. This composite version is a real toe tapper.

So turn up the speaker volume and [Click Here].
or cut and paste this web address...

http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2539741

(and than click on the arrow at the bottom to play)


Found the video if you would rather not follow the link:


19 comments:

  1. The link did not work for me, I have seen it before though, It is great!!! I just caught the very end of a PBS show a couple of nights ago, he is traveling the world with another song and recording to present much the same thing, wish I could recall the song he is using this time. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are going to make up a web site of street concerts.... I think. The link works for me but it could be this linex thing ~ lol. It really is neat... I would like to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This says it was from Jan. of this year,but I am not sure if that is when it was recorded or posted, The young man from the Netherlands, and the young lady from Israel sound fantastic together, the magic of recording and tracks, all these people can sing and play together. . .and if you cannot sing dance!!! Seeing videos like this, it makes no sense that we all cannot get along. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, John!!! This is great. So many of the same people are in this one too. I agree with the getting along.... This just shows how wonderful when we all work together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Rita, I did too! Will enjoy seeing more of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's absolutely beautiful... and one of my favorite songs ever!! Thank you for sharing, and I would certainly love to see more. Will be checking out the site again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the link worked here.
    it was very special..and the words, oh so true. without close relationships to people, we are very poor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it just got better and better..... I'll have to pass it along..... am tapping and swaying.... I love it.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I brought my headphones....and they aren't working. Wahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be back when I am on a better puter..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... Love it very much, Linda! They really did an awesome job with it...:-)
    Thank you for sharing. I hope you don't mind, I just have to re-post this...;-)
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete