Sunday, December 14, 2008

We Need Each Other. . .

 
 

 

Photobucket

Another Inspirational story by Steve Goodier from Your Live Support!  I always love these little stories and love to share them because they are always a reminder of something that doesn't need to be taken for granted or something which we have forgotten because we can't see the forest for the trees.  And how very true this is...  We Need Each Other

 



Many living things need each other to survive. I have lived for most of my life near trees known as Colorado aspens. If you are familiar with this tree, you may have noticed that it does not grow alone.
Aspens are found in clusters, or groves. We're told that the reason for this is because aspens can multiply from the roots. They send up lots of new shoots every year. These become saplings that grow quickly and make new baby aspens of their own. In some groves, all of the trees may actually be connected by their roots. It is as if they are one tree.

Another tree, the giant California redwood, may tower 300 feet into the sky. We've seen pictures of tunnels carved into massive trunks wide enough to drive an automobile through. It seems they would require the deepest of roots to anchor them against strong winds. But instead their roots are actually shallow -- they spread out wide in search of surface water. And they reach in all directions, intertwining with roots of other redwoods. Locked together in this way, all the trees support each other in wind and storms.

Aspens and redwoods never stand alone. They need one another to survive.

People, too, are connected by a system of roots. We grow up in families that nurture and guide us. We learn early to make friends who support us in different ways. We are not meant to survive long without others. And like the giant redwoods, we do best when we hold onto one another and help each other to keep standing through life's storms. We need others to hold us up, encourage us and to stand with us.

When I'm not doing well, it is often because I am going it alone. I don't always let others in. I forget to ask for help; I keep my problems to myself. And though I may not see it, others around me
might be doing the same thing.

It helps to remember how much like those trees we really are. It might be time to let someone else help hold you up for awhile. Or perhaps
someone needs to hang on to you.

~ Steve Goodier

Photobucket............................Photobucket..........................Photobucket

 

 

 

P.S. AIN'T IT SO

Photobucket
It's my cat's world. I'm just here to open cans.

Photobucket

 

WISHING YOU

A WONDERFUL WEEK!!!!

23 comments:

  1. That's so very true... My family and friends are my strength through the weakest of moments. Many of you, who I consider part of my extended family, have been there for some of those moments. My roots spread very far and wide.

    Thank you Linda!!
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Chuck, that just your presence around here is support for so many of us. You put a smile on our faces and in our hearts often.... Thank you for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is oh so true...look at me how I lean on family and online friends for moral support..and they never seem to let me down...even offering duct tape and bungee cords..giggle..thanks for sharing that story my dear lady...blessed be..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful just beautiful and oh so very true if only we'd remember this 100% of the time -- thank you for sharing linda seasons greetings and best wishes for a safe and laughter filled holiday season and 09

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aimee, thank you so much for visiting... I will have to check out your page...
    It is so true... the road is just smoother when we go it together and we are
    blessed with people that want to be there for us and that we want to be there for
    ... we should be comfortable and feel blessed it is that way!!!!
    And Cathy, you do have family and friends there for you girl because, there is no
    doubt in my mind that you are one of those that would be there through thick and thin!
    AND we are getting closer to your Happy Time!!!! I am still so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Without you I would not have soared so high ....or stood so strong....you gave me wings and gave me roots during this year Linda...and I'm blessed for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Cherie... I can't even imagine my life without you now!!! It's like you've always been there and you always will be.... those wings and roots were going both ways... I may be the oldest... but I want to grow up to be like you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the same I hate asking others for help, it's silly because they are probably so willing to give it !! I guess I have always been used to keeping things inside, but I am getting better lol

    Love your blog about the trees and all being connected through roots .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon, it is difficult so many times to ask for help or even to allow others to help us. We are taught we need to be grown up and take care of things ourselves.. to be independent and responsible.... BUT somewhere there is a fine line... and allowing others to love and help us is not irresponsible. The load is so much lighter.... the road so much smoother.... it is just best all around when we allow others to help us.
    So good to see you, Sharon... I need to travel to your corner of Multiply.. I have been missing that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading this brought this song to mind. I searched for the best version I could find, and I guess when it gets down to it, no one better than Elvis to sing this one.

    Helping people is just a small drop of rain I do that falls in the bucket, but if everyone helped everyone when needed, the bucket would overflow, and somehow I get this gut feeling, life would be richer and smoother all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have always loved this song, Bill.... it is so beautiful and so true. "A small drop of rain"... I don't think so. Just like when Cherie goes out on the middle of the night to pass out food and blankets thinking it is just a little "drop"... you would have to be on the other end of the deal to know it is not a tiny thing at all. If only there were lots more people like the two of you!!! We would not have any hungry or cold homeless!
    Thank you so much for all you do!!! (And for the video ~ will listen more than once that is for sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. insertAudioReply('lindao6:video:47','upload-lindao6-47','');

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guess I am guilty of that too Sharon, mine was instilled during my first marriage..not a road I wanna go down right now..but I am workin on it..giggle..still the old adage tis better to give than recieve sticks in my brain too...and I love giving..if it cant be cash, then something else, food, laughter, hugs, a ready ear, an understanding heart and any little thing thats needed at the moment..do know I got lots of love to give..and gladly give that too. Wishing you all a blessed Christmas..and much love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So true, and said in such a poetic way.
    Very inspiring, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved it.....will print a copy and put in my keeper file....

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very true, love the analogy with nature.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blowing in from Rani's blog and will just say that I am big believer of this, but probably guilty at the moment of the same thing...I find my biggest challenge at the moment is to live by my own words and know they are true.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very true. Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Came via Rani's link to you.

    Nice blog entry!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Came by via a link; I think we ALL need each other more and more now days. The blog was lovely, and I want to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't see this until today when I came to your page. This is true. We all need each other. I have always been one to try and not burdon anyone with my problems. I try to go it alone. I do though try my best to help another person if they are in need.
    Maybe it's time for me to unburdon myself more. Let others try and help me. That's going to be hard for me to do.

    ReplyDelete