Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Marco . . . I'm sure you've made the angels smile

 

We chat and comment with people every day  that touch our lives in more ways then they can imagine!  I signed up on Yahoo 360 and made a page in July of 2006 ~ Shortly there after I connected with Marco.   I was his second friend and a third soon followed ~ for the longest time he was very content with having just the three of us ~ he was a private man!   The other two eventually disappeared and after awhile, one by one other people begin to know my friend Marco and connected to him.  You could not help but like Marco!!!  He loved his family and loved to travel . . . He was so proud of his homeland Italy.  (He lived in the UK)  He had lost his son and was a big influence in his grandson's life (Dylan) and how he loved him!!!

We meet  and chat with people on line ~ I don't think we know how much we touch their lives or how much they touch ours.  Maybe we don't think about how close we really feel to them or how much we know about them,  but we show up on their pages day after day with "Good Morning"'s and "How are you today?"'s.  We find smiles on our faces when we receive  messages from them and we miss them when we don't hear anything from them.

When so many of us made the move to Multiply I kept my page on Yahoo for friends like Marco that didn't make the move.  Actually, it was because of Marco and two other contacts especially!!!  Even though I rarely made contact in Yahoo because of so much going on in Multiply Marco was there very frequently with cherry-friendly messages that always put a smile on my face when I did decide to show up and check.  Thank goodness I told him what they meant!!!

I have this love for my friend Marco, not because of his passing but I had it before, not the love of your life kind of love but the love of who he is  . . .  and it made me wonder . . . This is someone I have never laid eyes on or never heard his voice . . .      What is it? . . . How do I know him?

Well, I know from his post that he loved fast and beautiful cars ~ don't know what kind of car he owned and drove ( but than that doesn't matter) but he did post so many beautiful cars.  I know he loved his family!  He was somewhat of a private man ~ he didn't collect friends like some people collect charms  ~ each was important to him!!!  He loved and was not afraid to tell the world.  I think he would have shouted it from the mountain tops when he fell in love with Catarina and he sure put it in song and blog on a daily basis!!! I admired that so much!!!  Isn't that what love is all about ~ a real love from the heart ~ you want to share it with the world!!!  He did ~ quiet and private as he was!!!   Marco was real and from  the heart and he didn't care if others judged that!!!

You probably had no idea how you touched lives, Marco . . .

You will be thought of . . .

And missed so much . . .

BUT I  IMAGINE

The angels are all smiling  . . .  to have you so close!!!

 

 

We lost Marco on June 21, 2008

My heart goes out to the family that he left behind and to Catarina, his love.

11 comments:

  1. Sad, so sad about the loss of your friend. Your expression celebrating a life, a loving friendship and admiration was very touching. Can only put a hug in here for you, sit behind a monitor and feel your sadness in loss and joy of having known such a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, what a beautiful tribute for a dear friend that you wrote. It gives me goose bumps reading it. I'm sending you a big hug and thank you for sharing your beautiful friendship story with this beautiful man who's now smiling down from heaven. I too lost a friend from cancer awhile ago, one that I never even meet in person yet she was the most beautiful person I've ever met online and I still miss her from time to time. God bless Marco's family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friendships, whether someone on line or someone you have been around all your life are precious. That was a beautiful tribute to your friend and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, in you, he met kind of a mirror of himself.
    Thank you for sharing this touching story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to explain...The love and friendships we build here are more than words dancing across a screen. We don't meet people so much as we meet the souls within. I know the pain of losing an online friend. I actually had someone question me for feeling the loss so deeply. I'm so sorry for your and the worlds loss. Sounds like Marco was a wonderful man! You are right Carl & Marco are making angels smile!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda...I am so sorry. But Amalie is right. He did indeed meet a mirror in yourself. But you are so right. I have that same love and affection for people that we meet on here and I hope those people know who they are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree to with Amalie. I have these certain blogs that I want to visit to find happiness..This you found in Marco as I find in you...A great tribute to Marco.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a special gift Marco has left. This blog is really beautiful and shows the love that you have for your friends here on line. I am so blessed to know you Linda, and I feel like I just met a great friend through you. We will keep Marco's family and Catarina in thoughts and prayer. They have a very special friend in you. You have a heart of gold and I can only imagine how Marco felt about you, as we all really love and are so rewarded by our friendship with you. I know your heart is breaking also, know that you are in our thoughts and prayers also.
    This is such a beautiful post. (((Hugs with much Love)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Life is short as we've discussed many times Linda. I'm glad he had the courage to risk love and be loved in return not wasting the time or love God gave them. He knew what was important touching lives while he was here...and finally leaving those who love him to pass the love on. You have done that so well here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear about you're friends passing. You wrote a great tribute.to Marco..As Cherie said, "Life is short".

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's very sad. I always wonder how we would find out if something happened to someone who doesn't usually contact people offline.

    ReplyDelete