Monday, April 12, 2010

A BETTER WAY TO LIVE...



Many know how I enjoy "Your Life Support" and How I like to share them....
I read this one and immediately felt the need to post it...
We are all special in our own way and we need to recognize it and celebrate it.  
So many special people here on Multiply...
Am so proud to know you and I've missed you...
I hope this is a step toward finding my way back to you.





Did you know...?

That Joan of Arc was only seventeen when she was riding at the head
of the army that liberated France from the English?

That church reformer John Calvin was twenty-six when he published
his "Institutes" ?

That poet John Keats died when he was twenty-six?

That Shelley was thirty when he was drowned, but not before he left
English literature his classic "Odes"?

That Sir Isaac Newton had largely discovered the working of the law
of gravitation when he was twenty-three?

That Henry Clay, the "great compromiser, " was sent to the United
States Senate at twenty-nine and was Speaker of the House of
Representatives at thirty-four?

That Raphael painted his most important pictures between twenty-five
and thirty?

That Mozart only lived to be thirty-five years old?

Maybe I'm just a late bloomer.

When I was a young man I wanted to make things happen. After a few
years I realized I would have to content myself with watching most
things happen.

Unfortunately, these days I usually have no idea what is happening.

Of course, most of us will never paint a masterpiece, write a
classic or discover an important scientific principle. But why
should we? We're each cut from a unique pattern.

Dick Van Dyke once told the story of a woman taking her nephew to
her Catholic church. She whispered to him as they approached the
pew: "Can you genuflect?"

"No," he said, "but I can somersault!"

I wonder if he showed her.right then and there. I can almost see him
rolling down the aisle in a joyous celebration of the thing he CAN
do, with no regard for genuflecting. the thing he cannot do.

Some people waste lives obsessing on that thing they cannot do,
wishing they were more competent. And some measure the value of
their abilities against those of others, wishing they could
contribute in a bigger and better way.

You and I may never be a Mozart, a Raphael or a John Keats. But
there are things you CAN do to bring beauty or joy or happiness to
your world. Find them. Do them. Celebrate them. Rejoice in them.

I can hardly think of a better way to live.


From "Your Life Support"
~ Steve Goodier









67 comments:

  1. I can't somersault but if you hold my feet up I'll try....heck...I'll try anything if you're there with me. I'm glad your compass pointed you back here again. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I love having you here... I love knowing that you can be there to show me that I CAN do SOMETHING...

    Thank you Linda... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. we've left the light on..... hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to agree with Cherie about the compass and it pointing you back here. I have missed you and even if it takes a while longer I am not going to turn off the porch light.

    Great to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do so much... and one of these days I want to hear that guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you Linda, welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D One of these days Linda... one day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the lights, Monica... lol... I'm just slow.... but oh, how I appreciate you! Hugs right back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. linda my dear sweet dolphin..i was out amongst your kind today and thought of you..undoubtedly they told you cause here you are...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehehe, of course... You may not like what you're hearing, but yes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. no, you are just moving at your own speed, one step at a time..... we're just holding out our arms to catch you when you fall or tuck you in when you need rest.... take your time.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've missed you too.. so much... but you have been helping me build farms and fight gangs... (my mind filler)... thank you for the light... I feel like this is home and have missed everyone so much...thanks for your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Wayne.. that smile looks pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. dear linda all we need sometimes is a little light and some patience ..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Gary... all they could do was talk about you... just had to come and see if all they were saying was true.... (Big Hug)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohh its just so good to see you here my friend..big love..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. well.......I wasn't going to mention the hayseed or chicken poo on your shoes...but now you've brought it up...don't you have some crops to harvest???

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you are worried, Chuck... we can all sing along real loud... it will make your playing sound pretty good (remember Cherie and I singing)

    ReplyDelete
  19. i wont even say welcome back dear..because you never left my heart and thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  20. she could weed her garden once in a while... sigh......

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hehehe, how could I forget two of my favorite peoples singing to me?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Big love to you, Heather... I miss seeing you and all those California people... looks like I will have to get a ticket soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. lol im a gator thats asking a lot

    ReplyDelete
  24. A gator with a rounded belly???

    ReplyDelete
  25. lol yepper thats me ..the old plump belleid reptile

    ReplyDelete
  26. Will have to check your schedule, Heather....

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm a fine one to talk about plump bellies!

    ReplyDelete
  28. LALALALALALALALAAAAAAAAAA......not listening to those words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. are you laughing at my ...a one and a two and a three.....

    ReplyDelete
  30. lmao i never saw you get em all together that well at one time

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey, what would a holiday be without your ... a one and a two and a three???

    ReplyDelete
  32. I can't count that high so we had to do something to hide that fact...laughter and jokes seemed to be the best distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  33. lol hmmm hey baz has a bday coming up next monday

    ReplyDelete
  34. Not before I come there....so I can take Southern Belle lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  35. It's not a well known fact, but Cherie is a really good singer... she just tries not to make me feel too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  36. ohhh so shes holding out on us huh

    ReplyDelete
  37. Liar ...liar... unmentionables on fire....

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gosh, it is so great to see you all and talk with you....
    I'm going to have to sign off for I am headed for Florida in the early morning
    hours to see my Mom... love you all bunches... will try to be back soon and
    do some visiting... so much to catch up on!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. be safe linda ..and know you are thought about and loved often

    ReplyDelete
  40. I need those lessons too..... lol..... sign me up.... night Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  41. this was a great message linda, and i had to look twice in shock when i realized who had posted! welcome back sweetie, you are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a great message!!!! Love having you here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great to have you back and with a power packed post too......One Chance..live it to the Fullest!!!! Yess Ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  44. now my smile and heart are purrrrfectly bright...have missed you..xxoo's

    ReplyDelete
  45. me toooooooooo!!! hugzzzzzzzzz!!! will save the dramatic interlude some other days. the boss is here. but me really happy to see you. kiss kiss kiss kiss!!!

    *sings along with gloria*

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am glad to see you back here Linda! And yes, that message is so true. Lots of people waste energy on things they cannot do, when it takes only little effort to improve what you can do.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. How lovely to see you Linda! Take care and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I went to your blog the minute I noticed it. How good to see you again..and also to read your positive and encouraging words about how to live.

    ReplyDelete
  49. GREAT to have you back Linda!! And a big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a great blog. It's nice to have people who care about you so much.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Sure have missed you Linda... and sending you lots of love. What a great posting. Sure makes me think. (ouch! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  52. Linda so glad to see you back and darn it ,, trust me to come here when you are in Florida lol , you have a farm really ? So do I lol It's addictive !!!

    ReplyDelete