Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Enjoy the earth around us...

 
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The earth was green, the sky was blue:
I saw and heard one sunny morn
A skylark hang between the two,
A singing speck above the corn:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketA stage below, in gay accord,
White butterflies danced on the wing,
And still the singing skylark soared,
And silent sank and soared to sing.
The cornfield stretched a tender greenPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
To right and left beside my walks;
I knew he had a nest unseen
Somewhere among the million stalks.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketAnd as I paused to hear his song
While swift the sunny moments slid,
Perhaps his mate sat listening long,
And listened longer than I did.
~Christina Rossetti
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lie down and listen to the crabgrass grow.
- Marya Mannes

No comments:

Post a Comment